I am planning on making a guitar for my senior project at school and i was going to make somewhat of a copy of a 7 string xiphos but with an OFR and blackouts.

The body blank i was looking at is 14'' wide x 20'' long x 1 3/4" minimum thick

I was wondering if someone with a xiphos 7 could do me a favor and measure the dimensions for me. Or even better, if someone could give me a link to a page that has them on there because i have looked for one and found nothing. If you could please help me i would greatly appreciate it.
well GB&C would be better at this than EG also what class is that u can do this as a project wood shop i assume
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
well GB&C would be better at this than EG also what class is that u can do this as a project wood shop i assume

what is GB&C and EG?

but actually at my school, seniors are required to do some type of project that has a steep learning curve in order to graduate, and we have to build a product (the guitar) and write a paper about it. But it is for my literature class.
GB&C: Guitar building and customization
EG: Electric guitar
they are some of the different fourms
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
The dimensions you need to be concerened with are the neck pocket and scale length. If this is your first build from scratch you had better get yourself some books and make
friends with the guys in the guitar building forum. And even then unless you are
exceptionally talented it will be a miracle if it intonates right.
the top wing is about 22 1/2" in length, and 9" width to the center of the body (this includes the neck-thru), 7 3/4" width just the wing.

the bottom wing is about 18 3/4" in length, and 7 1/4" width to the center of the body (includes neck-thru), 6" width just the wing

the neck-thru the body is about 2 1/2" wide

Total width of body about 16 1/4"

Total length of body about 25"

Depth about 1 3/4"

So since the top wing is so long, you may want a different blank or you could cut out a excess piece and glue it on for the tip. I guess it depends if you're making it a neck-thru guitar or not.
Quote by CapnKickass
the top wing is about 22 1/2" in length, and 9" width to the center of the body (this includes the neck-thru), 7 3/4" width just the wing.

the bottom wing is about 18 3/4" in length, and 7 1/4" width to the center of the body (includes neck-thru), 6" width just the wing

the neck-thru the body is about 2 1/2" wide

Total width of body about 16 1/4"

Total length of body about 25"

Depth about 1 3/4"

So since the top wing is so long, you may want a different blank or you could cut out a excess piece and glue it on for the tip. I guess it depends if you're making it a neck-thru guitar or not.

omg, thank you soooo much, you just saved me so much time man. Thanks alot dude.
Quote by BobDetroit
The dimensions you need to be concerened with are the neck pocket and scale length. If this is your first build from scratch you had better get yourself some books and make
friends with the guys in the guitar building forum. And even then unless you are

well, i'm building everything except the neck from scratch. Im gonna order a seven string neck from Warmoth or somewhere similar so i don't have to worry about the scale lengths. Also does anyone know who i would go to to find out how to route out the cavities for pickups and a floyd rose?
using some-one elses dimension could be concieved as piracy, use your on dimensions, design your own shape, being involved with music is about originality imo.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
using some-one elses dimension could be concieved as piracy, use your on dimensions, design your own shape, being involved with music is about originality imo.

I am almost sure i am going to be using my own dimensions, i just wanted something similar to a xiphos. I'm probly going to be making it like a mix of a bc rich stealth and a xiphos, i just wanted the size as a reference.
Quote by BobDetroit

xiphos is a neck through, just saying
Please don't post in old threads.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!