What key is walk this way by aerosmith in and y? I thought it was in C but I'm not sure I really can't find out wat key it's in any helps apreciatd thnx
I think it's C minor.
Quote by In The Mist

I'm paying for the

Debtklok [x2]

Ben Bernanke, taller than a tree.
Hilary Clinton, not a bumblebee.
Nancy Pelosi, Pelosi, Pelosi.
Joe Bidan, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)
Barak Obama.

Debtklok [x4]

The verses and the 4 measure solo are in c minor, but the solo at the end is in e minor
Quote by MuffinBrain

OH GOD!!!

I definitely didn't see that one coming.
My first lol stack

SIGNATURE

tacos are an excellent source of everything thats in tacos
Quote by GibsonSG25
How do u find out it's in c minor or in other words what makes it in c minor

Yeah how does that work, beginning and end in eminor, rest in cminor? how does that work in theory
The verse is mainly based on the C chord. The first, short solo is completely in C Minor Penatonic. The outro solo, as previously mentioned is E minor - the reason it works is because the rhythm part plays predominantly the notes C, G, and A#, during the beginning of the second solo - all of which are also notes in the E minor blues scale.
Quote by SameOld
The verse is mainly based on the C chord. The first, short solo is completely in C Minor Penatonic. The outro solo, as previously mentioned is E minor - the reason it works is because the rhythm part plays predominantly the notes C, G, and A#, during the beginning of the second solo - all of which are also notes in the E minor blues scale.

ohh now i get it thanks alot soo basically the songs in C minor but the ending solo is in E minor. I thought this song was in Eb major tho cant you just say the songs is Eb major instead? what makes the song minor
Quote by GibsonSG25
ohh now i get it thanks alot soo basically the songs in C minor but the ending solo is in E minor. I thought this song was in Eb major tho cant you just say the songs is Eb major instead? what makes the song minor

If it resolves to the Eb, it's in Eb major. If it resolves to Cm, it's in C minor. I've never listened to the song that close. But you can use your ear and figure out which it resolves to.
Quote by GibsonSG25
How do u find out it's in c minor or in other words what makes it in c minor

The root note is the note the song resolves to. Easiest way to find this is to have the the song playing and go up a string playing every fret till you find one that "sounds right" that is almost always the root. From there you work out whether it's major/minor etc.

If that's not working out for you then pause then song at the end of a line and try to do a big cheesy "rockstar power chord" ending (you know what i mean :P) The power chord you play will almost inevitably be the root note of the song.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more