My band recently lost our drummer. Around the same time I decided to recruit another guitarist and focus more on singing and leave the guitar work to the new guy.

Today a guy got to me inquiring about being our guitarist and said he could get us a drummer on the condition his other friend can do guitar too.

I don't know why but I have an uneasy feeling about these guys.

I'm fully aware that they are talented musicians, and the guitarist loves punk (we're a punk band) but he loves post-hardcore/metalcore bands too, and he's big into screaming music and it kinda makes me uneasy. I don't know why.

Is this a natural feeling when recruiting new members for your band?
well always be open to other types of music bc metalcore and punk bands r getting popluar and sometimes to get any were u have play a lil bit of both
Go with the flow and you'll wind up making millions of dollars and snorting coke off the breasts of hookers you hire.
Quote by CHERRYSODA
Go with the flow and you'll wind up making millions of dollars and snorting coke off the breasts of hookers you hire.

Not the pit.

On topic: Just try jamming with them. If it sounds good then let em join. You need a drummer anyway.
Quote by Flariduh
Not the pit.

On topic: Just try jamming with them. If it sounds good then let em join. You need a drummer anyway.

That is true that we need a drummer and the guitarist likes punk too and is actually very good at guitar, but the band started as a joint thing between the four original members. I've never had to deal with getting new members and I feel like I'm going about it all wrong.
It seems a bit strange to me that they're a package deal. If they're as great as you think they are, they would have no problem joining bands individually or making their own band.

That feeling isn't natural, but if it's because you're getting new people into the band, get over it. There's no need for bandmates to be good friends.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud