so i got all my stuff. pickups
super distortion on the bridge
PAF pro on neck
blue velvet single coil on mid

I was going to get it done at GC but they said it would cost 100 dollars in labor

so im going to my buds house to wire them on since i dont have a soldering iron.
Should I know something ahead of time or any hints to make it easier?Im wiring them in a standard humbucker formation? I think thats what its called.
Im a bit of a noob at this so some help is appreciated

thanks ahead of time
Don't burn yourself with the soldering iron, thats always a good tip. Have a good soder remover and keep it clean in there. If you ever need help you can go into GC and kind of pick their brains(worst case scenario). My dad and I put my pickup in together and it was a sinch. Also, put all of your screws and springs in a bag. Don't lose a single one!
"Notes are expensive, so spend them wisely." BB King
common people im going to my friends house at 12 there has to be some better advice then dont burn yourself with a soldering iron( No offense IbanezGRX40man )
Make sure you have a schematic of the circuit in paper when you start soldering.

Refer to the Ultimate Guitar Wiring Thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006

Use the 4 links for the pickups manufacturers. They have lots of schematics and useful information, make sure you know the color codes of the wires for each brand.

I followed these helpful links and everything came out perfect.

If neither you or your friend know how to use a soldering iron, don't do it! It's better to ask someone else that knows.
Cort G254
Software Amp Modeler
You were very vague in your OP.

The "standard humbucker formation (les Paul style I'm assuming) wouldn't have a single coil in it.

What guitar are you doing this on?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Vague OP is vague. You did not even tell us what kind of guitar.
Sounds like you have an HSH configuration, which most people would not consider standard humbucker configuration. You also did not specify whether you are using a 5-way switch, a rotary switch, or a 3-way toggle with a separate on-off or blender for the third pickup. If you want wiring advice, take it to the wiring thread, and be more specific about your parts and what you want.
He has an Ibanez RG777DY in his profile. That's a pretty fine guitar. It would be a shame to see these disgruntled kids ruin it by touching the body with the tip of the soldering iron or something...
Cort G254
Software Amp Modeler
Quote by DavePT
He has an Ibanez RG777DY in his profile. That's a pretty fine guitar. It would be a shame to see these disgruntled kids ruin it by touching the body with the tip of the soldering iron or something...

hey i didnt mess it up like its right now. Im doing it a favor by putting better pickups on it.
Changing the pickups isn't difficult.

De-solder old pickups. Solder new pickups, since you're keeping a HSH config, all you have to do is solder the new wires where the old ones where.

As for tips? I can't think of any, just common sense will get you through it.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
yeh i put the pups in without any problems. alot easier then i thought it would be. DEFINATLY not worth a hundred dollars.
yep, unless you come here and people say its gonna be really hard without experience, I wouldn't ever go to a shop to do work on a guitar. They'll just overcharge you
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!