How can I convincingly make my bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup, and be able to revert it to a bridge pickup sound with the flip of a switch/knob/button? The first thing that comes to mind is coil-tapping (not coil-splitting, coil-tapping), but I can't find much info about that, even in the Wiring Thread.

I have Les Paul Junior style guitar, and I want neck-pickup sound with no extra routing.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
well, imposible, they sound differant because of where they are. not what they are.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
roll the tone knob down.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
did you try putting your selector switch on a different setting?

ex. 1 instead of 3 or 5
That’s how we’ll know. This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest

Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
We're crashing into the ground as all fall from grace
Quote by Demonic82
did you try putting your selector switch on a different setting?

ex. 1 instead of 3 or 5

les paul juniors only have 1 pickup, don't they ?
Quote by mikeyElite
les paul juniors only have 1 pickup, don't they ?

Yes, hence the thread. I don't want to rout for a neck-pickup, but I want to have a neck pickup.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Something that might work for you is a Q-filter from Bill Lawrence. It is wired to your tone knob, so that rather than just cutting treble your tone knob takes you from normal humbucker at 10 to more neckish sounds at 8, to pseudo single-coil at 3-7 and finally what sounds sort of like a piezo at 0-2.
I have one on the bridge tone of my Les Paul clone and it is very useful.
If you aren't afraid of doing some reading, I PMed you a link to a lengthy discussion of the Q-filter.
what cedric's talking about sounds interesting.
yah, cedric's proposition sounds awesome. Sounds like should work for what you need and then some.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by cedricsmods
Something that might work for you is a Q-filter from Bill Lawrence. It is wired to your tone knob, so that rather than just cutting treble your tone knob takes you from normal humbucker at 10 to more neckish sounds at 8, to pseudo single-coil at 3-7 and finally what sounds sort of like a piezo at 0-2.
I have one on the bridge tone of my Les Paul clone and it is very useful.
If you aren't afraid of doing some reading, I PMed you a link to a lengthy discussion of the Q-filter.
That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, and reasonably simple to install at that. It's perfect, thanks a ton Cedric. Where did you get yours?
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Aug 12, 2009,