Fans of Fulci, Argento, Lenzi, etc?

OR

are you sick of how typical Hollywood "horrors" are? or that they aren't even scary, they just startle you with quick bursts of volume? Do you want violence that is a bit less lame than Saw but just as gory, except in relevant context to an actual plot instead of just scene after scene of pointless torture?

Well Italian horror is your answer. Most zombie movies are the same... but Lucio Fulci has his zombie flicks each have a totally unique and creative premise to why the dead walk the earth... and even does it way better than conventional zombie flicks.

Giallo horror flicks have exploitation elements to them as well.

Also, some movies have a bit of a crime solving element to them, and are very creative at doing so, avoiding cliches at all times. Check out movies like Deep Red, Phenomena, Voices From Beyond, and A Lizard in a Woman's Skin.

Some soundtracks consists of eerie prog rock! the soundtrack for The Beyond (a must see) even has fretless bass!

Fans speak your voice out here!

Quick fact: ex-Toxik drummer Tad Leger does the artwork for the DVD reissues for many Fulci movies that come out of Sage Stallone's Grindhouse Releasing.
I've watched almost every Dario Argento movie, and a few Fulci ones. Argento's are good but they all have the exact same layout.

Psychotic killer, usually killing girls but not always, with a nice creepy soundtrack and some heavy metal.
Quote by JackalUK
I find Japanese horror movies are usually the best.

perhaps you could help me figure out the name of a certain movie ive been dying to see? its korean though.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Deep Red is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. As far as fulci goes, House By The Cemetery, or The Beyond would be my choice. But I too am a fan of Argentos stuff; Suspiria, Not so much Inferno though. Recently bought Cat O Nine Tales, but have yet to watch it. Italian and Asian horror or my two favorite genre. I own a few french ones, but a good bit of my collection is Asian and Italian. Some of my favorite Asian favorites are Men Behind The Sun, and The Untold Story. But then theres also Horrors of Malformed Men and a couple movies out of the Guinea Pig series. I could go on forever. American Horror movies past 1985 are rarely any good. The majority of my collection ranges between the years of 1975-1985, but I do have a few before and after those years.

The thing I hate about deep red the most though is that a good bit of the audio was lost so it switches between subtitles and overdubs. I hear they are all like this though.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Last edited by CkY freak at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK
What is it about and I might be able to help

well there is no overdub, so its got english subtitles.
at the beginning of the movie, for reasons unexplained, a man is kidnapped and locked in a room for like, 15 years or some crazy ass sh*t like that. when he gets out, he finds out who all was behind this "torture" and proceeds to find and torture them. one guy he pulls out one of his teeth w/ pliers for every year he was in there. another guy cuts out his OWN tongue in an attempt to convince the other guy not to kill him (this particular guy set him up w/ his sister, who he didnt know was his sister at the time, and he ended up f*cking her).
sorry if thats not too good of a description.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
^idk. i heard about it on some special that amc or some movie channel was doing on the "top horror/gore movies" or something like that, and that movie was like third out of 40, and i really want to see it.
EDIT: just wiki'd it, and thats the one. thanks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by ThinkThis
I guess I have to check out some Japanese horror

cool to see people on this board that are into this kinda stuff

Chinese or Japanese. Theres not much difference. Just Asian in General. Definitely check out Men Behind The Sun and The Untold Story.

I try to check out a little of everything. I even collect replica stuff from movies. Not so much anymore. Heres just a small section of it.

Its my Friday the 13th Corner w/ deluxe TY bear that lights up. I also Have a small Nightmare on Elm Street Section and a 5 or 6 other movie posters.

I guess Im weird.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Last edited by CkY freak at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by ThinkThis
thanks for the suggestions! good to see a fellow CKY fan round here too!

No problem. Always trying to spread the word of good movies. Not the junk pg-13 they throw out now days. Hit me up anytime! Im always willing to help point in the right direction
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
As long as me and my bro can take bets on who dies first then its a good horror movie by me.

Thats what we do during the Friday the 13th movies.

We look at all the "victims" and decides who is going to die in what order, if we are right, then we get a prize

I'm not much of a horror fan though so I don't do this often
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Italian flicks are way better than Friday the 13th. Because you're always on Jason's side, you just want to see those snot-nosed punks get what they deserve.

Watch Suspiria. now that's a quality horror movie. Actually, it's a quality movie, horror aside.
Quote by ThinkThis
Italian flicks are way better than Friday the 13th. Because you're always on Jason's side, you just want to see those snot-nosed punks get what they deserve.

Watch Suspiria. now that's a quality horror movie. Actually, it's a quality movie, horror aside.

Suspiria was great but Phenomena was definitely my favorite Argento film.