Page 1 of 2
Anyone else watching the Philly V.S. Chicago game?

I was kinda watching it at a friends house, and I just saw the Phillies were up 12-3, but what interested me more was when Victorino went back to catch a ball in center field during the 4th inning and a fan threw a beer at him. Victorino still caught the ball though. How many people saw this? And thoughts?

Personally I think fans should let them be, and I think Chicago cubs fans are the worst baseball fans. You always hear about their fans doing something stupid, and I think this caps it.

Edit: Also we can talk about other sports when this has happened too.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Aug 12, 2009,
Victorino is the man... lol that's pretty funny.

I have a problem with Cleveland Cavaliers fans
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
i saw it, and at first security took the wrong guy out of the stands. the kid that did it looked like such a douche. cubs fans are mad because they haven't won a world series in over a hundred years
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by eltyr18
what interested me more was when Victorino went back to catch a ball in center field during the 4th inning and a fan threw a bear at him.

i guess they are the cubs...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I was thinking the same thing when I posted it!!

E-cookie for you! *Hands chicubswill an E-cookie*
Quote by eltyr18
Anyone else watching the Philly V.S. Chicago game?

I was kinda watching it at a friends house, and I just saw the Phillies were up 12-3, but what interested me more was when Victorino went back to catch a ball in center field during the 4th inning and a fan threw a bear at him. Victorino still caught the ball though. How many people saw this? And thoughts?

Personally I think fans should let them be, and I think Chicago cubs fans are the worst baseball fans. You always hear about their fans doing something stupid, and I think this caps it.

Edit: Also we can talk about other sports when this has happened too.

HOLY CRAP.

Icedit: ^^ I HATE YOU.
Quote by chicubswill
i guess they are the cubs...

haha. I'm really tired, was up till 6 last night and woke up at 9 or 10, can't remember, but thanks for catching that. haha.
Quote by Yeti60

Being a steelers fan, all Cleveland fans suck. I've been told that if your a Steeler fan and go to a Browns game you get batteries thrown at you. Personally, I'd rather get beer.
Quote by eltyr18
haha. I'm really tired, was up till 6 last night and woke up at 9 or 10, can't remember, but thanks for catching that. haha.

i wasn't trying to make fun of you, but that was a pretty funny typo... to say a cubs fan was a bear

iceman:
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I was thinking the same thing when I posted it!!

E-cookie for you! *Hands chicubswill an E-cookie*
Quote by chicubswill
i wasn't trying to make fun of you, but that was a pretty funny typo... to say a cubs fan was a bear

iceman:

oh I know you weren't. Thats why I was laughing too. It would be funny though, seeing a person literally throw a bear onto someone.
hmmmm, too bad Ron Artest doesn't play baseball. add a little flavor to the blowout.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Chicago Fans do one thing good: Be hardcore fans that know nothing about how to watch the game.

Of course I am making a huge generalization, and of course there are always exceptions, however I live in winnetka illinois. If you can find a place with more cubs fans then point me to it because Winnetka is ****ing packed with them.

To get one thing straight, I am a sox fan and yes my opinion is biased. However, I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of cubs fans, and 90% of the time they are douche bag hipsters that either know nothing about the cubs and just drink until they are enraged at games, or they know so much about the cubs that they treat them like they are god. Do you know how many times I have heard "this is the cubs year!", when all they do is fail MISERABLY.

Cubs fans are indeed one of the worst in any sports. I have been to cubs vs. sox games at wrigley. The stadium is a piece of **** and I hate witnessed on many occasions people POURING beer over the 2nd story edge to purposefully hit people as they walk out.

There is a reason why this takes place at the cubs stadium, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv8YiFgzQHY
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by Yeti60

the cubs and cavs are a heck of a rivalry...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by ScottElwood
Chicago Fans do one thing good: Be hardcore fans that know nothing about how to watch the game.

Of course I am making a huge generalization, and of course there are always exceptions, however I live in winnetka illinois. If you can find a place with more cubs fans then point me to it because Winnetka is ****ing packed with them.

To get one thing straight, I am a sox fan and yes my opinion is biased. However, I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of cubs fans, and 90% of the time they are douche bag hipsters that either know nothing about the cubs and just drink until they are enraged at games, or they know so much about the cubs that they treat them like they are god. Do you know how many times I have heard "this is the cubs year!", when all they do is fail MISERABLY.

Cubs fans are indeed one of the worst in any sports. I have been to cubs vs. sox games at wrigley. The stadium is a piece of **** and I hate witnessed on many occasions people POURING beer over the 2nd story edge to purposefully hit people as they walk out.

There is a reason why this takes place at the cubs stadium, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv8YiFgzQHY

Wow, they seem like complete assholes. And I agree about the "this is the year" bull****, cause last year it got really annoying because it was exactly 100 years since a title.

and that was disgusting.
Phillies FTW!!! Cubs fans are just mad that the Phillies are so much better than the Cubs.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by aig91
Cubs fans are idiots. White Sox are the way to go.

That's only because cubs fans are intoxicated before the game even starts. They also burp the alphabet and rub their bellies for luck. *shivers*
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
Philadelphia fans aren't very nice either. They threw snowballs at Santa Claus during a football game.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by eltyr18
what interested me more was when Victorino went back to catch a ball in center field during the 4th inning and a fan threw a bear at him.

Quote by guitar4life24
Phillies FTW!!! Cubs fans are just mad that the Phillies are so much better than the Cubs.

wrong.

it's easy to find out why cubs fans are mad, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 101 years.
Sent from my iPad.
Just look at the Football game today.

Landon Donovan was taking a corner kick and he started getting PELTED with soda cups.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by guitarsftw
hmmmm, too bad Ron Artest doesn't play baseball. add a little flavor to the blowout.

Oh, but he does. His baseball name is Milton Bradley.

This season is just going down the drain for us (I'm a Cubs fan). It's gotten to the point where I'm expecting to see somebody put on the DL every week.
Philadelphia fans aren't great either... especially the Flyers fans.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Im sure the gentleman thought the player was asking for a drink. And being that he is a professional baseball player figured throwing it at him would be fine.

He was wearing a glove.
Quote by Yeti60

I totally agree with you (especially being a Pens fan), but Phillies fans are actually pretty cool it seems like.

Quote by epic7734
Im sure the gentleman thought the player was asking for a drink. And being that he is a professional baseball player figured throwing it at him would be fine.

He was wearing a glove.

but why throw it when a ball is coming at him?
He isn't a bad fan because he threw a beer at a damn baseball player, he's a bad fan because he wasted a perfectly good beer.

SHAME
SHAME
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
He isn't a bad fan because he threw a beer at a damn baseball player, he's a bad fan because he wasted a perfectly good beer.

SHAME
SHAME

No kidding. Good thing it wasn't a Milwaukee home game. That could of been serious.
Quote by Yeti60

Trying to invoke the wrath of daytripper? It'll probably work, he's already mad at being the 3rd softest mod
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children

It was Steve Bartman- he is trying to rebuild his credibility with his fellow cubs fans.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

I thought White Sox fans were the "rubble rousers" of Chicago?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Dwight Schrute

It was Steve Bartman- he is trying to rebuild his credibility with his fellow cubs fans.

The poor guy. I always felt horrible for him. Hopefully they allow him to show his face in public now. I bet you all the pubs have that picture on the wall behind the bar so they recognize him and refuse service
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
That really pissed me off being a Phillies fan.

At least Victorino caught the ball though.

But throwing things at players is pretty low. I don't care how frustratingly bad your team has been at winning championships, you just don't do something like that.

Quote by Yeti60

Eagles fans are the worst. Fortunately I can't stand the Eagles.

Phillies fans aren't really that bad at all normally. Idk about Sixers fans since I don't really follow basketball.

Flyers fans can be pretty nuts, but I've never had more fun at a sporting event as I've had at Flyers games. The crowd there is just awesome...if you are a Flyers fan.

But if you want sports fans that live and die by their teams you won't find much better fans than Philadelphia fans.
i was at the yankee toronto game today. i'm not really a fan of baseball, but i enjoy watching it in the stadium. its ****ed up, but i wanted crazy **** to happen. when johnny damon hit his home run i was getting food for my little cousin -_-
I hate the Phillies.

It is my duty as a Mets fan.

Also the fact that all they do is run their mouths about the Mets.

Last year they win the world series, and what do they do after?

Talk about how well they played? No. Talk about what a hot streak they were on? How everything came together? How great it was to win the series? No.

They talked about the Mets.

Even with success they are still butthurt to the point where winning the world series can't stop them from being obsessed with Mets.

Honestly though, Philadelphia fans are some of the worst behavior wise. They are constantly getting in trouble. There is a court in the stadium because of how bad they are.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
It is my duty as a Mets fan.

That's a real drag, man.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by aig91
Cubs fans are idiots. White Sox are the way to go.

All the White Sox players think their great, which their not btw, And I can't stand their announcers

And as for the fan throwing beer at Victorino, even being a Cubs fan, it kind of pissed me off
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by TunerAddict

Also the fact that all they do is run their mouths about the Mets.

Because the Mets suck. Obviously.

god, i hope it wasn't one of my friends. in IL they're nuts about the cubs. absolutely nuts.

but on topic, with what they charge for beer at ballparks, they should've thrown their beer at the vendors.
#DTWD
Quote by Just Andrew
I thought White Sox fans were the "rubble rousers" of Chicago?

I just went to a Sox game vs. the Indians at home and the Sox were beat 8-4. However, about 2 rows away from me, a family of Cleveland fans stood up and started cheering loudly when the victory was sealed. Being courteous, the die-hard Sox fans chuckled a bit and let the game end.
What an asshole, I knew there was a reason for my irrational hatred of the cubs.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Supposably the Phillies are doing everything they can to find out who he is, and are gonna press charges.
Page 1 of 2