Anyone have a recommendation for studio headphones. Wireless would be nice, but not needed.

Any help would be appreciated.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Sennheiser HD280.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I will be using these headphones for everything, ipod, mixing, late night playing.

I just thought my posse here at UG would have some good suggestions.

I would never in a million years do all mixing from headphones.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
i have a pair of AKG m271 MKII, it's one of the better headphones i have. beats the pants off my old Sennheiser HD280 and hd250
AKG 240, they sound amazing, and are cheap nowadays.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by BobDetroit
Grados are excellent sounding and accurate.

grados are great but not what i would choose for the studio. they have a tonality that sounds slightly 'enhanced' which means that they are not a perfect representation of the sound coming into them. with that in mind i do believe that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the other headphones mentioned in this thread. if you are not looking for neutral headphones, grado is your best bet.

a really good studio grade headphone would be the akg k702 (pricey though). the beyerdynamic dt880 and sennheiser hd650 are also good but not quite as neutral.

it would be hard to find a headphone that is neutral enough as proper studio monitors below that level although there are some discontinued headphones that do well. these include the akg k-501 and sennheiser hd 580.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Aug 13, 2009,