something that i can use for home practice and gigs
my genre is classic rock and 80s hair metal
i still dont know what to get when i save some money
right now im looking at a peavey classic 30, blackheart handsome devil 15, fender hot rod deville(not sure if it is the one i played at gc but the tone was amazing)
i was looking at a bugera 1990 but i want a lower wattage so i can get that great tube sound amp can be new or used
i dont want anything over 50 watts
my budget is probably going to be around $600-700
i want a head so i can run it through a 4x12 for gigs

Edit: also i live in the u.s. so i need something i can get here, and i would like to know what is the best online store to buy from for new amps also im gonna start looking on ebay but im skeptical on buying a tube amp that is used online
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Last edited by NGMF-Sam at Aug 13, 2009,
Orange Tiny Terror maybe. I would definitely go with something British voiced for hair metal though, otherwise I'd recommend the B52 AT112. A used JCM800 combo would be perfect.
i am going to get a cab but the singer in my band his brother has a 2 marshall cabs in his basement that i could use until i get my own, they are not crappy mg cabs either but im not sure what model they are i think they are a 1960 model, i have been using his mesa and its hard to get that tube saturation cuz the thing is so damn loud

idk if i would be able to get a jcm although i would love one
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I would recommend an Orange Tiny Terror, used if you can as they are slightly overpriced new. But 7/15 switchable and a lot of british gain sounds lovely.
Or a Blackstar HT-5, but i'm not really a massive fan of it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The tiny terror is a bit thin for my liking, I don't think you could go wrong with a C30 which is a much nicer amp than the TT more versatile for sure, with more head room. Also if you willing to go used, a Mesa F30, or F50 would be right up your ally, as well as some of the traynors, although my knollage on the Traynors is a bit limited. Honestly the JCM2000 gets a lot of hate here, but IMO they are great sounding amps, they are not JCM800s but they can get a similar tone, overall they are brighter and more of a modern type tone compared to the 800. IMO the DSL sounds better than the TSL, plus its cheaper.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
The tiny terror is a bit thin for my liking, I don't think you could go wrong with a C30 which is a much nicer amp than the TT more versatile for sure, with more head room. Also if you willing to go used, a Mesa F30, or F50 would be right up your ally, as well as some of the traynors, although my knollage on the Traynors is a bit limited. Honestly the JCM2000 gets a lot of hate here, but IMO they are great sounding amps, they are not JCM800s but they can get a similar tone, overall they are brighter and more of a modern type tone compared to the 800. IMO the DSL sounds better than the TSL, plus its cheaper.

yeah i liked what i heard on youtube of the dsl's i also liked the TT's but idk where i could get one?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
The tiny terror isn't all that great, I have one. It's good through a large cab (4x12) to get that great AC/DC sound. Aside from that, the clean isn't remarkable and the gain tends to sound tinny (not tiny).
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
bump
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by MetalMantis
I think you should look on the Blackstar HT-5 Head.

i think i might go with either a fender hot rod deluxe or the peavey classic 30 or a bugera 1990 hopefully i can just use it at 50 watts and it wont be overly loud
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
I must cast another vote for the Classic 30. Also invest in a good OD/Dist. if you don't have one already, you might want one.
Quote by Flying Couch
I must cast another vote for the Classic 30. Also invest in a good OD/Dist. if you don't have one already, you might want one.

i got a boss sd-1 i use for boost with leads
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
The HT-5 will do those genres just fine. Only catch is that you'll have to mic it to be heard over anything.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
The HT-5 will do those genres just fine. Only catch is that you'll have to mic it to be heard over anything.

i'll check it out, i want an amp that i dont have to mic at band practice though
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_