Well, i'm officially a member of the jackson brotherhood and i'm proud. Today i got a jackson kelly performer which is surprisingly good. I only payed 175 for the guitar, all of the wrenches and whatnot, and a case. It has some dings and scratches, but nothing crazy. Just enough to give it some character. I only have one pic because my camera sucks and it's dark in here. Well tell me what you think, and also... Give me some pickup upgrade suggestions (passive and preferably under 100 for both and also a pot.) to really make this thing scream. The current pickups are stock i think and they're just not cutting it.

That is a flame top finish too, Maple i think. It's really hard to see it in the pic.

There ya' go. Better pics.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Aug 13, 2009,
brighter pictures...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
brighter pictures...

Yeah, i know i know. Sorry my camera sucks and there just isn't enough light here in my house. I'll try to take another good one. Hold on.

EDIT: Alright took better pics. Hold on uploading now.
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Aug 13, 2009,
looks nice... about passives with cutting power... i dunno about that. It really depends on your amp more than the pickups. A passive pickup swap will only change the sound/tone a small bit. with the dimarzio's i use, the only difference i hear is that i have more clarity on the lower notes, other than that they sounded the same as the ibanez stock pickups.

Actives change the tone a lot however, and for metal, it's the best tone (i think) you can get. You dont have to have routing for the battery pack if that's why you're not considering actives, the techs can stash it somewhere else most of the time. I would really consider and EMG 81/85 or 60/85 combo, or!!!! the EMG-X's. They are supposed to have the versatility of blackouts with the clarity and punch of the emg's, get those.

Actives, i say EMG-X's, if you want passives, here are good combos.

Seymour Duncan JB / '59
Dimarzio Evo 2 / PAF Pro

Obviously there are more, these are just the pickups i prefer (would recommend).

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
looks nice... about passives with cutting power... i dunno about that. It really depends on your amp more than the pickups. A passive pickup swap will only change the sound/tone a small bit. with the dimarzio's i use, the only difference i hear is that i have more clarity on the lower notes, other than that they sounded the same as the ibanez stock pickups.

Actives change the tone a lot however, and for metal, it's the best tone (i think) you can get. You dont have to have routing for the battery pack if that's why you're not considering actives, the techs can stash it somewhere else most of the time. I would really consider and EMG 81/85 or 60/85 combo, or!!!! the EMG-X's. They are supposed to have the versatility of blackouts with the clarity and punch of the emg's, get those.

Actives, i say EMG-X's, if you want passives, here are good combos.

Seymour Duncan JB / '59
Dimarzio Evo 2 / PAF Pro

Obviously there are more, these are just the pickups i prefer (would recommend).

Cool man thanks for the input. Yeah i would like actives and that was one of the reasons i didn't want to get actives... I'm fairly sure that there isn't much of a place to keep the battery because the wiring cavity is only like 3 inches long and about an inch wide. It's filled with wires and idt a battery making contact with random wires would be good for anything lol. I may be wrong though idk. My pickups are very weak. It may just be how they're wired too idk. I'm almost just thinking about going with emg passives like on my schecter. They're not too bad.
Sweet Kelly. HNGD!
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Awesome Kelly! ALMOST makes me think again why I bought my DK2M instead of the Pro-series Kelly :/...
Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
Mmm, that one's go a beautiful finish on it. Enjoy!
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Very nice! Welcome to the group of Jackson owners. I have not been a huge fan of the pointy guitars, but the finish is exquisite.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
loving the finish man. happy ngd!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Thanks guys! haha. Yeah i love the guitar. Even if it's a little dinged and what not, I'm going to keep that finish. I love red flame. I was going to refinish it to natural but that would be a sin. I'll deal with the few scraps and dings to keep it sexy haha. The trem is a dream on this baby. I spent an hour trying to make it go out of tune last night. It didn't budge once the 11's i put on there stretched. Amazing guitar. Very happy with the purchase.
Good price on it... I had a Kelly like that that had a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. The pickup was pretty clear and beefy, but you may find the highs a bit harsh. Just make sure that trem is in good shape first, as if it's worn I would actually suggest replacing that first as it can serious impact the playability. Make sure the knife edges look good, and that when you use it, it comes back in tune once it's been setup. It's a pretty nice looking guitar too, congrats.