Page 1 of 2
I just saw it and I was wondering if anyone else waited that entire movie to see how they were going to come up with a clever pun for lucy in the sky with diamonds, and as dissapointed when they just had ****ing Bono sing it in the credits. Also got me thinking, can you learn to be an artist, or is it just one of those things you're either born with or you're not? And finally, does anyone else feel like America is on the edge of another cultural revolution? I mean if anytime is ready for a revolution its now right? Just curious to your thoughts. Discuss.
1. I hate bono, he sucks
2. it's not something you're born with, but I believe it's something you develop during a very early age
3. America isn't on the edge of a cultural revolution, we're sill trying to enforce the last one.
I think it was an alright re-make of Romeo and Juliet, with average covers of great songs.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Don't really have anything to say other than Across the Universe is a fantastic movie. One of my all time favorites. Watch it while on shrooms.
A Cross The Universe > Across The Universe

JUSTICE FTW!!!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
My two best friends hated it but I thought it was somewhat decent.I love their version of "Helter Skelter" and I liked "Strawberry Fields Forever",not as much as the original though!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
i hate bono too thats why i was pissed off. I knew he sang i am the walrus and i hated watching him do it..but you know ive always wanted to be an artist and im 15 and i guess ive missed my window of oppurtunity..also, how are we trying to enforce the last one? explain.
The art direction was amazing, but the story was really thin. I'd be interested to see a stage version.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
The art direction was amazing, but the story was really thin. I'd be interested to see a stage version.

yeah, it does seem to lend itself well to a broadway-esque adaptation if there hasn't been one already.
I liked it alot, and am a huge Beatles fan. Revolution was awesome. Also, seeing Lucy's boob = WIN.
Quote by D&DLover
I thought it was okay. There was WAY too much auto-tune though

No one believes me when I say that. I got into an argument with my room mate about whether or not you can hear the auto-tune.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No one believes me when I say that. I got into an argument with my room mate about whether or not you can hear the auto-tune.

You can TOTALLY hear it. Especially on Evan Rachel Wood and on the lead guy sometimes. A bit less so on Bono and some others, but it's almost painful at times.
it was weird to see lucy's boob cuz you know what marilyn manson was doing with that. or probably not. he's even more twisted than the pit. and that's saying something. so you dont kno what he did with that? and auto tune?
Quote by VoodooChild15

That is pretty much exactly how I felt about it. I lost interest in the story pretty quickly, but I finished watching it because I like the music and the art direction. Visually and musically it was pretty sweet.
My age group and younger are all pretty stupid(myself included). If we have a cultural revolution, it would probably be for the wrong reasons.

Also, Across the Universe was kind of a let down. Cool imagery at times, but the movie just screams cash cow.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by bassman4694
it was weird to see lucy's boob cuz you know what marilyn manson was doing with that. or probably not. he's even more twisted than the pit. and that's saying something. so you dont kno what he did with that? and auto tune?

He looked at it in the dark while crying.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
It's been awhile since I read his autobiography, but I think he's got a thing for golden showers. The idea that Marilyn Manson peed on that girl from 13 kinda creeps me out. Actually, the movie 13 just creeps me out in general.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

everyone is an artist because everything is art.
anything that creates emotion is art, and actually anything that can make you feel emotionless is art too. i see some painters do **** that i think is completely retarded but they're still revered as amazing painters. a dot on a canvas, or a single note playing for hours elicit feelings of curiosity and unease.

therefore everyone is an artist even at birth, and you don't need to have a college degree to prove it which is what a lot of people seem to think.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
brilliant cinematography, great colours, great scenery..

horrible covers, horrible story, horrible actors.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Wesseem
anything that creates emotion is art, and actually anything that can make you feel emotionless is art too. i see some painters do **** that i think is completely retarded but they're still revered as amazing painters. a dot on a canvas, or a single note playing for hours elicit feelings of curiosity and unease.

therefore everyone is an artist even at birth, and you don't need to have a college degree to prove it which is what a lot of people seem to think.

How the hell is everything art? That's like saying that because everyone writes occasionally, they are a writer. Sometimes I have to do arithmetic, but that doesn't make me a mathematician.

What the hell is with all the hippies in the Pit lately?
Quote by vintage x metal

dont be dissing hippies. Im telling you i was born in the wrong time..i hate people my age
Quote by bassman4694
dont be dissing hippies. Im telling you i was born in the wrong time..i hate people my age

I hate people your age, too.

My God, I'm grumpy tonight.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

What the hell is with all the hippies in the Pit lately?

They aren't as bad as scene kids nowadays.

Nevermind,I take that back.They are both ridiculous.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
They aren't as bad as scene kids nowadays.

Nevermind,I take that back.They are both ridiculous.

Neo-hippies are way worse than scene kids. Scene kids tend to at least know they're stupid, and try not to take part in any real conversation, aside from maybe ones involving art or music. But neo-hippies.. They just annoy the piss out of me.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by bassman4694
And finally, does anyone else feel like America is on the edge of another cultural revolution? I mean if anytime is ready for a revolution its now right? Just curious to your thoughts. Discuss.

Did you forget about the whole emo/scene thing going on?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Neo-hippies are way worse than scene kids. Scene kids tend to at least know they're stupid, and try not to take part in any real conversation, aside from maybe ones involving art or music. But neo-hippies.. They just annoy the piss out of me.

I hate everyone too! *high five*

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by bassman4694

I hate people your age too, matter of fact i hate people indiscriminate of age.

If you're a twat, you're a twat.

doesn't matter if you your 15 or 55
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

how are neo-hippies stupid?

you'd be happier if you were a hippy.
Quote by Rubber_Soul
how are neo-hippies stupid?

you'd be happier if you were a hippy.

I'm happy just the way I am, sans hippiness
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Wesseem

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Picasso
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I'm happy just the way I am, sans hippiness

glad to hear it. still no explanation as to why they are stupid though.
Quote by Rubber_Soul
glad to hear it. still no explanation as to why they are stupid though.

Everybody's stupid.

Neo-hippies IMO are more useless than regular hippies, due to the fact that hippies didn't get much done during their active period, as any changes quickly reverted, so by being neo-hippies they're going down the same path with the same result.

It's just that you didn't learn from the mistakes.

I'm all for progress, but I wouldn't follow a model that failed.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Everybody's stupid.

Neo-hippies IMO are more useless than regular hippies, due to the fact that hippies didn't get much done during their active period, as any changes quickly reverted, so by being neo-hippies they're going down the same path with the same result.

It's just that you didn't learn from the mistakes.

I'm all for progress, but I wouldn't follow a model that failed.

i wouldn't say that neo-hippies are following the same model for change...rather the same ideologies and values are shared. not sure what you consider defines a neo-hippie, though.
Page 1 of 2