Hey gang, quick question that you can hopefully answer.

So i was at band practice and i was messing with our guitarist's pedal board. I turned on his distortion and overdrive at the same time, and when i turned on his crybaby with it, i got this crazy feedback on it. When i had it all the way down like a treble boost it was almost like a scream. It sounded sweet, especially for an experimental/prog kinda sound.

Anyway, my point is, will i get the same effect with a higher quality wah if i do the same thing? Or am i better off having a crybaby basically just for this effect, since im not a huge fan of them on their own?
I have a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (pretty high quality I'd say) and if I put a overdrive or distortion before the wah, it does get a real vocal screaming type sound. I, too, think it sounds really awesome, so I put the od and distortion before the wah to get that really shrill, throaty effect.

Hope that helps.
Most wah's should work, high quality or not. It works with my Vox which is by no means high end.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Mine does that if i put the overdrive after the wah aswell. It does sound cool, but sometimes i forget tht ive put the way on and i can't work out why i have a really bassy sound coming from my amp. I'm mildly retarded sometimes lol.
Thanks for the help guys! I was looking at the Fulltone Clyde Wah and i thought it was sweet. I think thats what ill get then.
if you don't want to use the wah by rocking it back and forth, try to get your hands on a Dunlop Q-zone. it's basically a pedal for that cocked-wah sound.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
ive never heard of one of those, i will definitely check it out. What do they usually run for?
Quote by ambercult3
ive never heard of one of those, i will definitely check it out. What do they usually run for?
it depends. the only one Dunlop makes anymore is he Kerry King signature Q-Zone ($99).

I found it was more gainy than the original Q-Zone. when i got my original, I picked it up for $70 on Ebay, but I haven't seen one on there since.

EDIT: if you'reinto building pedals, give this a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCddQz71fQ4
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 13, 2009,
Look into a Weeping Demon too, they can be found around $60-$70 and they are feedback machines.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Cool, ive been looking into building pedals, maybe ill try it out.
I checked out a weeping demon today at Guitar Center. They sound pretty nice.