My friends and I bought some dry ice and rubbing alcohol tonight in an attempt to make homemade liquid nitrogen. It worked somewhat, but not to the effect we had expected. But some of my friends decided to put pieces of dry ice in a water bottle and then fill it with some water and then close it. They put it at the end of the drive way and nothing happened. About 10 minutes later we heard an extremely loud explosion from the street and so did almost everyone in their house on our street. We had totally forgot about the water bottle after a couple of minutes before it exploded. It was pretty awesome and a little frightening at the same time, as we could of had it right in front of us.

But, has anyone ever tried to make homemade liquid nitrogen? Has it worked to the point where objects can be frozen to the point of breaking like glass?

Oh and I know someone will say this, so ill just get it over with..."Cool story, bro."
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.
Zooey Deschanel = Amazing
What the hell is wrong with you?

Being stupid and cleaning up after yourselves is one thing, what if a little kid picked up that bottle?

Just stupid.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
My friends and I bought some dry ice and rubbing alcohol tonight in an attempt to make homemade liquid nitrogen. It worked somewhat, but not to the effect we had expected. But some of my friends decided to put pieces of dry ice in a water bottle and then fill it with some water and then close it. They put it at the end of the drive way and nothing happened. About 10 minutes later we heard an extremely loud explosion from the street and so did almost everyone in their house on our street. We had totally forgot about the water bottle after a couple of minutes before it exploded. It was pretty awesome and a little frightening at the same time, as we could of had it right in front of us.

But, has anyone ever tried to make homemade liquid nitrogen? Has it worked to the point where objects can be frozen to the point of breaking like glass?

Oh and I know someone will say this, so ill just get it over with..."Cool story, bro."
NOT SUCH A COOL STORY WHEN YOU SHOOT YOUR FINGERS OFF
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I used to do that and put it into dumpsters around midnight. You get a better effect with that metal echo chamber lol.

But never heard of making liquid nitrogen that way, of course I never took and chemistry either so yeah.

Cool story, bro.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
It was not my idea to put it in the bottle. I did not make it. And, it was on our drive way not the street (sorry to not make that clear), and it was late at night. I was skeptical about the whole thing but my friends insisted. The liquid nitrogen did make cool effects when water was poured on it.
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
It was not my idea to put it in the bottle. I did not make it. And, it was on our drive way not the street (sorry to not make that clear), and it was late at night. I was skeptical about the whole thing but my friends insisted. The liquid nitrogen did make cool effects when water was poured on it.

FYI you didnt "make" liquid nitrogen im pretty sure
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Yeah i know, it was not real liquid nitrogen. You have to be authorized to get the real stuff. Its just like a homemade experiment you can do.
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.