I want to get a beat up peice of **** from somewhere and turn it into something quite good. I know I'm not saving any money by doing this but I would like this guitar to be fun and personal. I plan on naming it and putting a custom logo on it and all sorts of stuff like that so it's mine.

Questions.

1. Pickups? I hear good things about Lace pickups. I want this guitar to have a really nice, clean sound. This guitar wont ever be run through the distortion channel so I want to make it as clean and beautiful sounding as possible.

2. Cutting bits off the headstock? Lets say I have a Fender neck but I'm not happy with the sahpe of the head stock. Can I cut and modify the shape without totally ruining it? I assume I can as long as I don't remove to much and make it too thin.

3. What do you guys think of a built in chorus effect?
1. How about having a piezo bridge aswell as the magnetic pickups? It'll give you a beautiful tone, much like an acoustic guitar.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by RJackson
1. How about having a piezo bridge aswell as the magnetic pickups? It'll give you a beautiful tone, much like an acoustic guitar.

Actually, I was thinking about that just then. I'll look into it.
Quote by RJackson

+1, look into fishman piezo bridges. i also think lace is a good choice for cleans, fender used them almost exclusively into the 90's.

2. dont think it would matter much, look at parker guitars.

3. a built in chorus would be nice but not very practical imo. look into a clapton midboost however.

try to get something with a brighter wood, like swamp ash. more wood = more sustain.

clapton mid boost
fishman piezo (TOM bridge)
fishman piezo (strat bridge)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.