Hey guys,

In a completely unrelated topic to my other build thread, my dad was wondering, if they make Pocket Guitar Amps, what about Bass amps? Personally, I would have thought that no one makes a bass speaker that small, ergo, it can't really work.

Any of you Electronics/Amps people know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Ben
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Yeah, the speaker is pretty much the limiting factor in this case. You can easily mod the popular Ruby / Little Gem etc. amps into bass amps with a few hardware modifications. (Larger input caps and perhaps a low-pass filter)

I havent seen any bass guitar speakers that would fit into a pocket (well you could use a small full-range driver but that would sound like sh*t) so you would need an external bass guitar speaker plus an enclosure for it to sound good.
Ah k, thanks. Any more info about this modding of those Ruby/Little Gem things? I might give it a go, see what I can do.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
well, its not too much a circuitry problem more as just the speaker id imagine...
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
maybe you can build a bass cab out of a bose wave radio. those things gets some pretty decent bass for such a small form factor.
try using a small subwoofer speaker?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
are you looking to build one yourself? it's really not hard. you could easily build an amp the size of a wallett.
have a look into smokey amps, im on my phone so i cant get a link but i used to have one built into a malboh cigerette pack

It did sound like **** though

Alternativly look into a vox amplug and see if you can wire it upto a speaker if not its a great headphone amp
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Jackson RR24 White with black bevels
Quote by Dawginator
Hey guys,

In a completely unrelated topic to my other build thread, my dad was wondering, if they make Pocket Guitar Amps, what about Bass amps? Personally, I would have thought that no one makes a bass speaker that small, ergo, it can't really work.

Any of you Electronics/Amps people know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Ben
it takes a large area of cone to couple efficiently to the air when attempting to produce low frequencies. either that, or a waveguide. neither is gonna fit in your pocket.

you might be able to build a speaker/waveguide that could do a reasonable job, but the size would be the size of a toaster or more likely a microwave oven. and the smaller it is, the more power you'd need. the 1/2~1w op amps will yield unremarkable results.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.