ello people,

Im currently looking into buying a delay and after a few weeks of getting my around the numerous amounts of delay pedal available on the market, I've kinda broken it down to 2. I am on a bit of a budget at the moment (just bought a new guitar ), So Im looking to only spend around £60-£70.

I'm not looking for extremely crazy stuff from my pedal and I dont need hours of delay time, just something to "fatten" and "trail" my tone, but hey I can always appreciate some versatility for my future tastes. Will be playing classic rock and blues stuff mainly. It will be mostly played out of a Fender Hot rod deluxe. Also Im not really a brand shopper as in I dont really mind the brand as long as it's value for money and it sounds good. I dont also mind about the outer casing or durability as it will be mostly used indoors (bedroom).

What I've broken down to is 2 analog pedals, but if anyone is aware of any digital or other analogue pedals in this price range please point me the way

So pedals are:

EHX memory boy (£65):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sbtzDSj5U

Behringer VM1 vintage time machine (£65). I understand this is a direct clone of the EHX memory man (is it same parts internally?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSl5LrM6LcQ

Any opinions/advice/experience most appreciated

Cheers!

EDIT: Ok nevermind about the Behringer after some consideration Im not into it anymore. However! I've been recommended a vintage Arion SAD-1 pedal MIJ form the 80's all analogue.

Just wondering what people think about this as compared to the memory boy (same price).

Heres some vids of the SAD-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7E4EhZM06E
Last edited by Azaril000 at Aug 13, 2009,
EHX has been good to me. I havent played the memory boy, so give it a go I guess, whats the worst that could happen, right. I found a somewhat-0vintage (80's) Ibanez DDL10 at a pawn for 30 bucks. I tried the Boss DD-7 and it was pretty sweet. The only reason I didnt buy it was dure to the rather lucrative find on the Ibanez.

I HEAR good things from the MXR Carbon Copy, but have yet to play one. If you get the chance, I suppose it would be a good one to look up and try out.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
The MXR carbon copy is a clone of the Deluxe Memory Man, which is absolutely amazing. If you can stretch your budget a bit I say grab that, couting out tape echos its up there with the best of um.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
The MXR carbon copy is a clone of the Deluxe Memory Man, which is absolutely amazing. If you can stretch your budget a bit I say grab that, couting out tape echos its up there with the best of um.

Eh, I've never heard anyone say that the Carbon copy is a clone of the Memory Man... They're both just analog delay pedals so they're similar.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I'd get the memory boy. EHX makes good delays, and at £65, looks good to me. Behringer do make good clones but I still don't trust the reliability, even for what you need it for, and the carbon copy is a bit more expensive and I've heard mixed reports as to its quality.
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

I'll admit that they're similar in that the CC has modulation, but that's about it.

The Memory Boy is better, imo, because like the Deluxe Memory Man, you have some control over the modulation. Unless i'm wrong about it, the Carbon Copy just has a button to turn it on/off.
I'm gassin for the T.C. electronic's nova repeater...............anyone try one yet?
Quote by Mack56
I'll admit that they're similar in that the CC has modulation, but that's about it.

The Memory Boy is better, imo, because like the Deluxe Memory Man, you have some control over the modulation. Unless i'm wrong about it, the Carbon Copy just has a button to turn it on/off.

correct. the memory boy is pretty much a deluxe memory man sans a few features (reverse delay, ect). the quality and control over the delay on the memory boy is amazing for the price.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ