--5555-3333-2222--
------------------

------------------------------------
--33-44-55-66-77-88-77-66-55-44-33--
--XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX--
--11-22-33-44-55-66-55-44-33-22-11--

without hitting the other strings? It just seems really hard for me, I always hit all the other strings or if I pick close with just my wrist the to strings i hit dont blend together well, they almost sound like separate notes. So any help?
Last edited by eighttroy19 at Aug 13, 2009,
For all examples, you mute the low E by lightly touching it with your index finger while you fret the 5th string. You mute all other strings by resting your index finger across them.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
what song is this?
Originally posted by PedroLesPaulVM
"My guitar is always in tune because all the tuning heads face the same way."

LOL
Quote by sacamano79
For all examples, you mute the low E by lightly touching it with your index finger while you fret the 5th string. You mute all other strings by resting your index finger across them.

When i lightly touch it, you can still hear it a bit tho..i guess i just need practice?
Quote by Maton+SG
what song is this?

Well the first one is from animals then its just kinda random stuff, probably from a song, its just something that came to mind.
Quote by eighttroy19
When i lightly touch it, you can still hear it a bit tho..i guess i just need practice?

yea it may be a little hard, but you should get it. You should not hear it ringing, even a little, only the thud of it being muted.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
You might get some harmonics from the muted strings especially at the 5th and 7th frets, but I wouldn't worry about them at this stage. Just make sure the open string isn't ringing out.
Quote by zhilla
You might get some harmonics from the muted strings especially at the 5th and 7th frets, but I wouldn't worry about them at this stage. Just make sure the open string isn't ringing out.

Yeah thats what ive been getting, how would you suggest I fret the notes?