A few months ago, I played a bass at Guitar Center, and it looked like this.

Now, the thing is, I didn't know what kind it was. It was a 5 string, and it was going for about $1200 I believe. Could someone help me?
Was it that bass? If not, can you describe it?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
Was it that bass? If not, can you describe it?

I doubt it was, seeing as I remember seeing a $1200 price tag, and the LTD B5-E goes for less than $500 (well, it used to, I don't see it on Guitar Center's website anywhere).

It had that same type of body, I believe that the inlays were in the middle of the fretboard, not to the side like on the pictured bass, had a relatively thin neck, and played great.

Edit: Actually, I think it may have been this

Although I'm fairly certain it had the different wood going in the middle of the body.

Quote by toshiro umezewa
was it a shecter stilletto?
i think they have a model like that.

It may have been this.

I'll take a look at it.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Aug 13, 2009,
maybe it was the esp version, not the ltd version of the first pic you posted?? that would be more expensive than that one.
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

long shot but maybe

or

Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Last edited by sonsie at Aug 13, 2009,
Most likely a Stiletto. I've seen quite a few of them at a couple GCs in my area, but not much of the other stuff. I think there's a model in that price range as well, though they go down to around $750 IIRC.
This of course was before the release of ATWIAD so none of us had ever heard the song. They jammed on this for at least 10 minutes. P and the band were singing the song and after the second choruses, they just started jamming on top of it. P was soloing on his axe here and there, Matt took a solo and they just jammed on top of the groove untill P threw up his hand to bring it to an end. Then they walked off and that was the end of the concert. So perhaps this pic is from an encore to a different PR show.
===============================
Links removed by your friendly neighbourhood mod team.
sorry... what?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by azar999
This of course was before the release of ATWIAD so none of us had ever heard the song. They jammed on this for at least 10 minutes. P and the band were singing the song and after the second choruses, they just started jamming on top of it. P was soloing on his axe here and there, Matt took a solo and they just jammed on top of the groove untill P threw up his hand to bring it to an end. Then they walked off and that was the end of the concert. So perhaps this pic is from an encore to a different PR show.
===============================
Links removed by your friendly neighbourhood mod team.

...huh? When I saw this had been necrobumped, I was expecting an answer...