Hi UG i just had a question so here goes

Pretty soon i'm going to get a Ibanez rgr432exfm (in the red finish if you go on the sight know it will have the purple the difference between the guitars is the pickups)

so my question is should i get a coultap put into my guitar for a more variety of sounds? Does anyone else have a coil tap are they good?

thanks
your neck pup is parallell connected in the 2nd position so if you were to coil tap only tap the bridge pup is imo your best option.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
your neck pup is parallell connected in the 2nd position so if you were to coil tap only tap the bridge pup is imo your best option.

what does parallel connected mean? and shoudl i still do it?
It depends what style of music you play. Say if you were to play metal and heavey rock you wouldn't use the single coil but if you played abit of jazz and indie go for it.
id recommended coil splitting over coil tapping
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
You don't need to do anything, that guitar already has more tonal options than you'll know what to do with
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You don't need to do anything, that guitar already has more tonal options than you'll know what to do with

so should i leave it stock? well pretty soon i might get liek active pickups
Seriously, don't bother, just leave it as it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

try the stick pick ups first before deciding to change them and if you do go for passives.imo they sound much better than actives
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
passives.imo they sound much better than actives

+1

and leave it as stock if you want the coil tap try a guitar with a coil tap built in and try a guitar with actives if you want actives ibanez do both on other guitars in they`re product range.

parallel connected put simply means they`re out of phase, sonically they`ll give you a "hendrix-like" tonality
No, it doesn't mean they're out of phase, it just means the signal is split across the two coils rather than runing through them one after another.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc