I am getting a new amp for my birthday and i cannot decide between two amps

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 6262

I've heard the chug on the 6262 is more brutal but the leads on the 333xl are more thick and warm

advice please ?
Quote by Wayfaerer
I finally got the solo to Leper Affinity down.

Afterwards I kinda felt like masturbating.

All i can really say is , laugh out fxcking loud.
I literally got the 6262 today. only reason why I didn't get the 333xl was because I ordered it, waited 3 weeks and then they told me it would be another 3 weeks til it was in stock. I couldn't be bothered waiting anymore so I got the 6262 which was in stock.

IMO there aren't that many differences. The 333xl has a separate crunch channel whereas the crunch and clean are combined on the one channel on the 6262. Plus theres the noise gate etc etc. Tone wise, I guess you'd be right with your statement but I personally didn't find them to be very different (I played on a friends 333xl). Not enough to say one sounds better than the other. Basically for the extra price you're paying for the 333xl, you are mostly buying more features as opposed to better tone.
I am very interested in this too! Is there a list of differences between the 6260 6262 and the 333 and 333xl?
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Quote by RMB
I am very interested in this too! Is there a list of differences between the 6260 6262 and the 333 and 333xl?

No, because it's not so hard to figure out
Look at the specs at the Bugera website, theres some difference in channels/footswitching, damping, tone controls.
Soundwise, check youtube if you don't have the oppertunity to check them out in person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT37ou1A6sg
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by RMB

6260: one eq is shared for both the clean/crunch channel and the lead channel, pressence and reverb are shared as well, has hi and low gain inputs, has 5 preamp tubes. has a hair more gain then the 6262(but you would never notice it). 6l6 tubes, passive eq, darker tone

6262: each channel has own eq, pressence, and reverb controls. has 1 input, has 6 preamp tubes(6th one is for the clean/crunch channel to warm it up a bit and to make it smoother). 6l6 tubes, passive eq, darker tone

333: 3 channels, no pressence controls, has dampening switch on back, comes with 6l6 tubes, active eq, has the XXX tone kinda, 4 preamp tubes

333XL: 3 channels, presence controls, XL switch(boost), built in noise gate on lead channel, active eq, comes with EL34 tubes,4 preamp tubes, has that british high gain tone to it like the peavey JSX with a hint of a Marshall tone
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
not really helping me on which one i should get ?
Quote by Wayfaerer

What do you play?
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by dImEbAg_rOx
not really helping me on which one i should get ?

well what kind of music do you play?
you never said that yet man
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
HouseBoy83, you have a 5150 and a 6262? Could you please tell me what you prefer because i've been trying to find a 5150 on cragslist for forever now and i really need a new amp. The 6262 seems extremely similar. Could you tell me what you think?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
HouseBoy83, you have a 5150 and a 6262? Could you please tell me what you prefer because i've been trying to find a 5150 on cragslist for forever now and i really need a new amp. The 6262 seems extremely similar. Could you tell me what you think?

you are correct sir.

i really like both of these amps almost equally.

i do like the gain on my 5150 II a bit better, but thats cause ive had it modded a bit to make it smoother and less fizzy and i boosted my crunch on it. had it done through Voodoo Amps. but the 6262 can easliy hold up to the peavey as far as tone and volume

when the 5150 II was still stock before i had it modded the cleans were ok, but the cleans on the 6262 are WAY better. i also like the fact that the 5150s have the res controls which is something that the Bugera's are likeing cause peavey has the res control copyrighted. but i might get one added to my 6262 through me tech

but i will honestly say if you are looking for a 5150/5150 II and can find one for a good price pick it up man, but the 6262 head is a great amp as well, its like the lilttle brother of the 5150 II
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Thanks for replying, I really need a new amp haha. I think i might go with the 6262 but i don't have the money to get the head and a cab, so it's gotta be the combo. I really liked the res control on the 6505 i tried but thats nothing my eq pedal cant fix.

Just a few more questions; when did you buy it and have you had any problems with it? I'm really kind of worried about the reliability, from all the horror stories.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
Thanks for replying, I really need a new amp haha. I think i might go with the 6262 but i don't have the money to get the head and a cab, so it's gotta be the combo. I really liked the res control on the 6505 i tried but thats nothing my eq pedal cant fix.

Just a few more questions; when did you buy it and have you had any problems with it? I'm really kind of worried about the reliability, from all the horror stories.

how much $$ are you looking to spend total or can afford?

well i had bought the 6262-212 combo right after they came out just to mess around cause they were cheap. i think then i paid like $550 for mine, but they have raised the price since then. i never really had any problems with it, the only real thing that went wrong it was the led light on the stanby switch went out and i sent it in for warranty repair and since they took to long to fix it, they sent me a brand new in from factory to me for free. it even had the upgraded wire and solder job on the transformer to the PCB. but then i bought a modded 6262 head from a friend of mine. he had all the plastic clips removed and had everything solderd down to make it last forever..haha. i sold the 6262-212 combo about 2 months ago cause i had no use for it.

it still sounds amazing for the money. brutal tone. i have KT77s in mine
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Had a 6262, had a 333xl. Traded the 6262 for a 333xl. Bad call. The clean channel on the 6262 is dirty, but I'm a metal guy. The 333xl is mud and even with mids dropped, very.... middy? I have a Bugera 1960 and run pedals into it. Sounds ****in wicked with the right pedals. 4 inputs for 4 different voicings. Plexi Style.
i really don't want to send more than 650, i can't seem to find someone selling a peavey 5150 combo here on long island. I dont want to buy off ebay since i can't try it out and what not. So i feel as though this is the only option
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
i really don't want to send more than 650, i can't seem to find someone selling a peavey 5150 combo here on long island. I dont want to buy off ebay since i can't try it out and what not. So i feel as though this is the only option

well i might be able to help you out here man.

well say you got the 6260 head(that is if you dont mind haveing 1 eq for both channels) for $499 or the Bugera 1990 head for $449

i know of this company called Madison amps. they build like amps made for metal shred. well the guy that owns also has a side company called Shred Muzic where he builds cheaper cabs(speakerless and a few with speakers) 2x12 cabs, 412 cabs for cheap. damn good quality stuff for cheap cheap. you can also buy there Madison amp line on there to. but i saw this cab on here that will suit you fine. i have played through one and it sounds great!! its a 2x12 cab with Celestion Seventy 80s in it. for $149!!! you can also get speakerless cabs for like $70 on there 2. look under "cheap cabs" and check them out

http://www.shredmuzic.com/MSC212_Cele_p/build-016.htm

so that would run you around $650 for the 6260/1990 head plus this 2x12 cab
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
do you really recommend the head that much over the combo? Thanks for the info as well
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
do you really recommend the head that much over the combo? Thanks for the info as well

yeah..i mean the combo sounds good, but since the combos are open back amps you loose alot of lowend. i mean you could always run a 2x12 cab or something with it to give it more low end. but with the head and 2x12 option now, you could always get a new cab or somthing later down the road man, way better low end. plus its easy to transport around. the combos are freaking heavy. they weigh about 70 ibs compared to the head weighing about 20+ ibs or so with.

you have more tone options with a head in the long run if you know what i mean.

and on that cab i showed you, if you email him he can make the cab fully closed back for you for free, they are stock 1/3 open back to let just alittle low end to creep out
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by xSacrilegex
Had a 6262, had a 333xl. Traded the 6262 for a 333xl. Bad call. The clean channel on the 6262 is dirty, but I'm a metal guy. The 333xl is mud and even with mids dropped, very.... middy? I have a Bugera 1960 and run pedals into it. Sounds ****in wicked with the right pedals. 4 inputs for 4 different voicings. Plexi Style.

yeah the right pedal its a beast!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
I play every kind of metal there is basically from stuff like cannibal corpse and suicide silence to metallica
Quote by Wayfaerer