Page 1 of 6
Right, basically I run a promotions and events company based in Edinburgh. We put on gigs around the city in different venues and different bands etc.

To cut to the chase, I want to put on a festival. A sort of basic idea for it would be lasting 2 days, with 3 stages and a large camp site. 10 bands on the main stage,m and the other stage having five smaller bands on each stage, each day. So 40 bands in total.

What I'm looking for is input from The Pit and people who want to help out and are totally committed to making this thing work.

Cheers
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
name it Woodstock
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
name it Stoodwock
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
if it was in the south of England I would be in. But sadly, edinburough is a bit too far away.
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
Ideally I was looking for a few small but "big" local bands to play the smaller stages and the big stage to host professional touring bands.

Move it to Melbourne, Australia and I'm in
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Name it Chris-stock

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If the bands were good enough to make it worth it, I'd consider the pretty lengthy journey.
Quote by metacarpi
name it Stoodwock

Why did i laugh...
Quote by Ikonoklast
This comment has just made me cry with laughter. You = Win.
I'd definitely go to it, and if my band are good enough, we'd happily play, but otherwise I don't know if I could be much help. I suppose I could give you a hand as a roadie or do some basic sound tech work if you want.

also this:
Quote by metacarpi
name it Stoodwock

and try and get Alestorm.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by mario128
Ideally I was looking for a few small but "big" local bands to play the smaller stages and the big stage to host professional touring bands.

*cough* Sylosis *cough* thier on the same landmass i think that qualifies as local.
Quote by Ikonoklast
I was thinking smaller but big bands. Travis, BFMV, Arch Enemy, Paramore etc.

I was thinking having on metal day and one sort of indie day....?

Name it Starbucks.

Wait...

OnTopic: What exact sort of input are you looking for? Just bands, or general on festival experience?

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I demand it be called DISCOBADGER 09

No, it's going to be called Woodstock and there's nothing you can do about that
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I demand it be called DISCOBADGER 09

Over-ruled:

It shall be called "Biscuit Todger 2009 - This time it's crumbly"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by MushroomBomb
Name it Starbucks.

Wait...

OnTopic: What exact sort of input are you looking for? Just bands, or general on festival experience?

people to help me book those bigger bands, people to work, sound engineers, stage hands, caterers, people who the necessary to help plan it. Just help lol I want to make it a sort of community thing for all of UG

call it the great chav hunt
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Count Chasing Melfina in! We're puting out the EP soon with an album following in the new year, tours an' shiz getting booked- yep. I'm friends with a lot of good bands, so I'll see if I can convince Queenadreena and Slaves To Gravity to play...
Quote by Aidy Damage
Count Chasing Melfina in! We're puting out the EP soon with an album following in the new year, tours an' shiz getting booked- yep. I'm friends with a lot of good bands, so I'll see if I can convince Queenadreena and Slaves To Gravity to play...

:\
Quote by mario128
I was thinking smaller but big bands. Travis, BFMV, Arch Enemy, Paramore etc.

I was thinking having on metal day and one sort of indie day....?

Sounds good to me, although I think a mix throughout the days would be better if it's a weekend camping thing. That way people can see bands they like on both days. I'd like a good mix of stuff, although I'd rather avoid the generic indie that you get a lot of festivals.

Anyway, if it worked out, I'd probably be up for working there somehow.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Aug 13, 2009,
If it happens, name it "The Pit" directly referring to mosh pits, and indirectly to
Quote by Eccer
I guess he was just a dreamer

well no not really.

I would consider this a form of promotion. It gets people from UG involved in something that is relevant to an industry they might want to get into. I am only one person and can't do it all myself, hence need to delegate tasks to others. I do this sort of thing all the time, only on a smaller scale to help local bands but I am looking to do a festival to bring something new to Scotland, T In The Park this year was rubbish, imo.

Quote by mario128
well no not really.

I would consider this a form of promotion. It gets people from UG involved in something that is relevant to an industry they might want to get into. I am only one person and can't do it all myself, hence need to delegate tasks to others. I do this sort of thing all the time, only on a smaller scale to help local bands but I am looking to do a festival to bring something new to Scotland, T In The Park this year was rubbish, imo.

not gonna happen. the average UGer is 15, so this is the totally wrong place. you're waisting your time.
Quote by SmarterChild
Sounds good to me, although I think a mix throughout the days would be better if it's a weekend camping thing. That way people can see bands they like on both days. I'd like a good mix of stuff, although I'd rather avoid the generic indie that you get a lot of festivals.

Anyway, if it worked out, I'd probably be up for working there somehow.

See this is the type of attitude I am after. If this guy wants to help out from the start he is more then welcome.

You should try and get sylosis cause its about time they get to go on the mainsatge.

And i would help, but im a clueless mother****er.
Quote by Ikonoklast
This is going to take a lot of funding, although I'd be happy to put on a couple of UG gigs in London to raise some cash for the festival.
Quote by CoreysMonster
not gonna happen. the average UGer is 15, so this is the totally wrong place. you're waisting your time.

There are some people on here older than 15. Those who have some experience in whatever. There are people over seas who may want to help organize which is cool. I am over 15, and I know alot of other people personally who use UG that are well over 15 also.

Quote by mario128
There are some people on here older than 15. Those who have some experience in whatever. There are people over seas who may want to help organize which is cool. I am over 15, and I know alot of other people personally who use UG that are well over 15 also.

meh, I'm just saying that if you're really serious about this you should go to people who have REAL experience and REAL connections in your local area.