Hey. I need an amp to be played in a dorm(?) room and therefore I can't use my HotRod. So this amp need to be quiet but still deliver good tone. I'll probably be buying a kickass marshally dist-pedal soon to go with it.

It seems I have nailed it down to these to amps:

Blackstar HT-5 Combo http://www.thomann.de/se/blackstar_ht5_combo.htm

or

Laney V15-110N http://www.thomann.de/se/laney_vc15_110n.htm

Any thoughts on these to help me out with my decision?
The concern for me is that they have 10" speakers but it might not be as bad as I get the feeling it might be?

EDIT* I think I will be using mostly the clean channel and throw the pedal ontop of it so maybe the laney is better suited? But then it's always fun with variation
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Aug 13, 2009,
Blackstar.

100 out of 100 times.

BECAUSE:

It has very high gain sounds on low volume settings
It takes stompboxes like a duck to water
They are just SO ****ing immense
Last edited by nospacesallowed at Aug 13, 2009,
im gunna have to agree with these guys. Blackstar all the way!!!
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

blackstar!!!!
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Wow hang on, surely the VC is as well suited to his styles as the HT-5? Don't get me wrong I love 'em, but I think in this case it's not as clear cut as some of the posts above seem to suggest. You MUST play them both extensively too...The laney is vintage voiced with a flabby bottom end, good for classic rock styles but needs a boost for more. The HT-5 is voiced very differently, with a much tighter bottom end and lots of gain. Don't just take the HT-5 becasue they are so popular these days, check 'em both out and see what suits you.
Peavey valveking half stack.

/ignorance

Go blackstar. You'll be happy you did.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."