Well... I know i post alot here about guitars that may be good deals on the cl... I think i may have a good trade offer on my hands. Someone wants to trade me a rc rich mocking bird. Made in 2000. It's licensed floyd rose like my jackson and great condition. seriously good guitar. Worth a trade for my damien?

Here's the add: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/1320855918.html

Anyone know what the 2000 birds went for new?

Notice that it only has the single pup selector instead of the switches that the more modern ones have. I like that. It's normal for the 2000's right?

Thanks in advance and hopefully you'll see another ngd today by me haha.

I think this really is like toog good to be true lol. Anyone want to shoot down my dreams and tell me it's really bad or something...? I've never played one.

It is a neck through model by the way. That would make it the mockingbird st, no?
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Aug 13, 2009,
Sorry for the double post/ bump but... I'm going to see this thing in an hour. I wanna make sure this is a fair trade. What do you all think. Schecter damien 6 hard tail for this bc rich. Yay or nay?
nay if i were you
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
nay if i were you

How come? What is the bc worth brand new and does anyone know exactly what model mockingbird it is?
Depends on what kind of shape the bc rich is in, and how much you like your damien? You must not be satisfied with it if you are thinking about trading it. But i guess no one is ever 100% totally completely satisfied with anything when it comes to guitars and tone.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Depends on what kind of shape the bc rich is in, and how much you like your damien? You must not be satisfied with it if you are thinking about trading it. But i guess no one is ever 100% totally completely satisfied with anything when it comes to guitars and tone.

I am satisfied. The bc is mint just like my schecter. I just want something with a trem. If my damien had a trem, i would keep it no doubt. I just want a floyd. I have my jackson with a floating bridge too though so idk. Would the trade be worth it you think?
Quote by alexpalka23
I am satisfied. The bc is mint just like my schecter. I just want something with a trem. If my damien had a trem, i would keep it no doubt. I just want a floyd. I have my jackson with a floating bridge too though so idk. Would the trade be worth it you think?

Think it's bout the same now as back then? Honestly they're not worth much nowadays I think
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Think it's bout the same now as back then? Honestly they're not worth much nowadays I think

Do you know what they were worth back then? I'm not a huge bc rich user. I've played one maybe 3 times. Nothing like this model. I usually stick to schecter's ibanez's and jackson's.
Anyone have a price on what they were originally worth?
Quote by alexpalka23
Anyone have a price on what they were originally worth?

No idea, but my guess is not (much) more than your damien, quite possibly less.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
The guy is looking for a hard tail Jackson, not a trem.

We need to know what series the guitar is in. It looks to be a nice guitar because I think there are Rockfield pickups in the guitar, and BC Rich only has Rockfield pickups in their mid-high range of guitars. Ask him for the series. (ex. NJ Series, Bronze Series)

What is your Jackson that you want to trade?
Quote by Slicer666
No idea, but my guess is not (much) more than your damien, quite possibly less.

Not something i wanted to hear lol. Crap. I need a model number for this thing so i can find out for sure. I'm going to have to ask that guy. Too bad people aren't honest because it'd be easy to just ask him how much he payed originally

Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
The guy is looking for a hard tail Jackson, not a trem.

We need to know what series the guitar is in. It looks to be a nice guitar because I think there are Rockfield pickups in the guitar, and BC Rich only has Rockfield pickups in their mid-high range of guitars. Ask him for the series. (ex. NJ Series, Bronze Series)

What is your Jackson that you want to trade?

Sorry for the vagueness in my above post. I meant that he wants to trade me for my hard tail schecter damien 6. This means that i'll have 2 trem guitars now. I really don't know why i threw the jackson thing in there. Kinda pointless lol. But yeah, i'm trading him a hard tail shcrecter damien 6.
Quote by alexpalka23
Not something i wanted to hear lol. Crap. I need a model number for this thing so i can find out for sure. I'm going to have to ask that guy. Too bad people aren't honest because it'd be easy to just ask him how much he payed originally

Sorry for the vagueness in my above post. I meant that the guitar he wants to trade me for my hard tail schecter damien 6 has a floating trem. This means that i'll have 2 trem guitars now. I really don't know why i threw the jackson thing in there. Kinda pointless lol. But yeah, i'm trading him a hard tail shcrecter damien 6.
I don't agree with the guy at all. That Mockingbird if mid-high range I suspect would be $700-1200.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I don't agree with the guy at all. That Mockingbird if mid-high range I suspect would be $700-1200.

See, that's what i was thinking too. It's very similar to the mocking bird st model which is like an 800 dollar guitar. The only noticeable difference in the 2 is that there isn't any extra and unneeded knobs and switches, and there isn't diamond inlays. They're some sort of long thing i can't make out in the picture i have.

EDIT: Alright look. Here's the more modern one. This is the mockingbird st. There's not much of a difference that i can see other than the fact that the one up for trade is missing those switches/ extra rotary knob and it has different inlays. They're both neck through which'll bump the price up a bit. They also both have trems. Idk exactly which trem the trader has though. I called bc rich and asked about it. They were stumped. Told me to ask if it had been modified in any way. Said that if it's totally stock from that era it might have an original floyd, should have stock bc rich pups and not rockfields, and that it should have grover machine heads.
Quote by alexpalka23
See, that's what i was thinking too. It's very similar to the mocking bird st model which is like an 800 dollar guitar. The only noticeable difference in the 2 is that there isn't any extra and unneeded knobs and switches, and there isn't diamond inlays. They're some sort of long thing i can't make out in the picture i have.

Just ask him for the serial number, if he did any mods etc etc.

EDIT: the models over here that cost 500 bucks have the rockfields and trem so I dunno, might just be me

2nd EDIT: why not ask him if he accepts 370 or 380?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by Slicer666

Yeah, that's what i'm going to do. I presume i should call bc support with the number then right? Read my edit on the post above yours as well. May add some light to this mystery.

EDIT:
Quote by Slicer666

EDIT: the models over here that cost 500 bucks have the rockfields and trem so I dunno, might just be me

2nd EDIT: why not ask him if he accepts 370 or 380?

Yeah i know. Trem guitars that are decent, especially neck through... they usually go for more than $400 new. That's all i want. If this bc is more than 4 new i'll trade. I just want it to be equal to my schecter monetarily.
Hmmm weird.

Again, the 500 bucks model here has neck through but man, this is weird.

Could be a custom but the 1) it's should be BC rich R and 2) it's worth ahellofalot more than 400 bucks.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Hmmm weird.

Again, the 500 bucks model here has neck through but man, this is weird.

Could be a custom but the 1) it's should be BC rich R and 2) it's worth ahellofalot more than 400 bucks.

So you think it's worth alot more than 400? I'll gladly take it then lol. Do you mean that it's worth alot more than 4 if it's a custom or just it is worth more than 4 in general?
Quote by alexpalka23
So you think it's worth alot more than 400? I'll gladly take it then lol. Do you mean that it's worth alot more than 4 if it's a custom or just it is worth more than 4 in general?

if it's a custom it probably costed the guy who originally bought about 4 grand, so in that case it's worth alot more

ask him for a photo of the headstock, if it has a bigass stylized 'R' on it it's a custom shop.

EDIT: the serial No should also provide the data needed.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
if it's a custom it probably costed the guy who originally bought about 4 grand, so in that case it's worth alot more

ask him for a photo of the headstock, if it has a bigass stylized 'R' on it it's a custom shop.

EDIT: the serial No should also provide the data needed.

Alright great. I'm going to be able to talk to him at 3 (eastern time. It's 1:20 right now)
Keep an eye on this thread if you're interested haha. And yeah, i'll probably need more help because i'm ignorant towards bc rich apparently lol. Check back here around 3 or so and i'll post up some more info. I'm deff going to get/ post some pics of the whole guitar because i want to see what i'm getting before i make the 5 minute drive to this guy

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the help guys. Again, without this community, i would be in the dark about much of my gear.
Giver!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
It looks like a '98 BC Rich Mockingbird SL which is in the high range.

It's just that the lack of the other knobs is throwing me off. And I don't think the inlays are the same.

Damn. i can only hope it's something like that. Do you guys honestly rthink it's custom?
why would someone sell his customshop tho? Isn't a custom guitar suppose to be your perfect guitar... asking 400$ for it would be weird too.

often if its too good to be true it might just be... (i know cliche cliche cliche...)
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
Quote by ModestAxis
why would someone sell his customshop tho? Isn't a custom guitar suppose to be your perfect guitar... asking 400$ for it would be weird too.

often if its too good to be true it might just be... (i know cliche cliche cliche...)

Pay rent? It seems a lot of ppl are doing that nowadays on CL. But yeah, if it is a custom shop he should know how much it's worth used.

That or he really hates floyds ??
Quote by MetalHead916
Pay rent? It seems a lot of ppl are doing that nowadays on CL. But yeah, if it is a custom shop he should know how much it's worth used.

That or he really hates floyds ??

Lol. True true. I don't know why he would tho. I love floyds.

Maybe he just doesn't know what he has. Like it was a gift from a friend or relative or something and he doesn't know it's custom and it really is? That would be great for me lol. Do you think if it's not a custom it's at least worth 400 and worthy of a trade for my schecter? I know i've asked that like 5 times but now that we have all of the info we can possibly get till i get some more pics& talk to him again i figure it's worth asking haha.

EDIT: Possible it's this?

http://powersurgemusic.com/todd_dyer/graphics/BC%20Rich%20NJ%20Mockingbird.jpg

That's a mockingbird nj i believe. Any good?
less go down to earth before you do something stupid...
1. lets assume if he owns a custom model Bc rich he knows very well its a custom shop. there seriously 1 chance out of a million hes doesn't know.
2. if he sell the guitar 400$ lets assume for now it was worth about 600 new.
3. if you want to trade your shecter for it... one thing trust your hand and your instinct go try that thing and your hand and ear will tell you what its worth...
4. if you really wanna know the price and model get the serial.
5. if ever someone refuse to give you the serial... **** them...
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
Quote by ModestAxis
1. lets assume if he owns a custom model Bc rich he knows very well its a custom shop. there seriously 1 chance out of a million hes doesn't know.
3. if you want to trade your shecter for it... one thing trust your hand and your instinct go try that thing and your hand and ear will tell you what its worth...

True true true true and true haha. I won't get this thing if he won't give my the s/n. I figured about 600 new too before but then you guys got me all on that custom shop stuff lol. And i wouldn't do something dumb. I love my damien, but i love shiny flametop guitars with floyds more hhaa. If that guitar is crap when i play it today, i won't be getting it. I doubt it's a custom shop too but it'd be sweet as hell if it was. I'm assuming that it's around 600 new if it isn't something more than a regular bc rich and i'll have the serial in about 20 minutes so i can prove the price and what not. Call bc's support line and give them the number right?
Quote by ModestAxis

Oh so true. That's the selling point. Get the serial # or tell 'em to GTFO.
nay!

Edit: wtf my sig?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!