Hi everybody,
I just got the news that I can get a new guitar, my parents will pay €500 of it, I have to pay the rest (depends on the guitar for that, maybe €300 on a stretch). For styles, I play mostly rock, Alternative and quite a bit of older music, examples of bands are Joy Division, The Sonics, The Horrors, The Cure, Muse, Radiohead, The White Stripes and stuff like that... I have started the search, and I've played a Fender Jag twice, one MIJ and one MIA, both good, but of course it would be the MIJ, and it suits my playing style quite good.

So my question is, do you guys have any good alternatives or suggestions that are in the same price region and that would suit my style?

And on the Jag, I've played it twice, and both times the high E is stuck against the bridge pup when you play higher than the 12th fret, this should be fixable right? (yes i'm a noob, so I would let it be done)

Thanks in advance
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

You can change it; you know the two screws next to the pickup, you can turn them and it adjusts the height of the pickup.

Tbh with you, if you like the Jag, you should get it. It'll get the tones you're looking for, and it'll play nice and sound nice. You could even try a Jazzmaster aswell, and that'll have a slightly thicker tone, but it'll have a bigger scale length.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Well, thanks for the help so far, I looked up the prize for the Jazzmaster, and it's a little more expensive, but they both have their pros and cons. For example the Jazzmaster doesn't have the tone blending knobs that the Jag has, but the Jag goes out of tune easier... Well, just wondering, does the Jag actually go out of tune that easy? And would the thicker tone from the Jazzmaster fit better with my style of music, or would there only be a small difference?

Thanks!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

Quote by Jason_Dionne
Check out the schecter guitars. They have a great selection for you to choose from.

details? What would suit my style and still be in my price class? On my music shop's website, there are only 2 models (Hellraiser C1 and C7), but it's nowhere near complete so...

Any help is very much appreciated!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

Honestly I can never see why people recommend the Schecters, they look nice and have nice features but have terrible playability IMHO.

Your best bets are: Fender Jaguar, Fender Jazzmaster, HSS Strat, SG, and have a look at http://www.logancustoms.com/ the guy builds and sells US made Fender copies, they get some great reviews.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."