Okay I just purchased a Jem off ebay and I was unsure as if it's a fake as I am now hearing that they do tend to go around. I paid £987 for it and I will show you all a picture. Can anyone confirm for me if it is real or fake? Thanks.
Well from distance is hard to tell if it's a fake or a legit, could i ask more info and serials, closer pics, etc...
looks real, got edge pro bridge, but that doesnt mean that is what your getting. when you get it look at the tuners, they should say "gotoh" on them, it should have an edge pro bridge like what you see there.

ive actually got a fake one, theyre not that bad really. pickups suck and the bridge sucks. everything else is decent quality
Last edited by Wylde14 at Aug 13, 2009,
the best way to tell a fake is to call or email Ibanez Customer Service with the Serial #.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Well I checked out some pics and it seems real but I can't see close enough to tell if the pickup pins are gold like I'm told they are meant to be.
Yeah, I really hope you didn't go out and buy one of these without doing some research. That would be a huge bummer.

But pretty much what jonmo said, call Ibanez with the serial #.

They did have the serial number on their auction right? Normally, if they are not willing to give up the serial number or they give that "When you win the auction, we will give you the serial number" bs, than it usually is a fake.

But next time do your research. It's much nicer to have a "New Guitar Day" thread than a "Is my guitar fake?" thread ya know.
check the serial. good luck it looks nice
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
well, some time ago there was a fake JEM on ebay. instead of 2 strat style pots it had 2 or even 3 dome pots, and it had some more weird things like that.

EDIT: this1 looks like a genuine one so serial number and brand names of the parts is the only way to know i guess
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
The good signs are. It's not got a knock off Floyd. Most fakes have the knock off Floyd so that's a plus. Also. The monkey grip doesn't look too big or wrong. The only thing worrying me slightly is the fact I can't see the headstock or the pickguard area clearly. I think it's real. I did do some research, but paranoia has kicked in all of a sudden and I'm feelin' it lol
Quote by Gryphon999
well, some time ago there was a fake JEM on ebay. instead of 2 strat style pots it had 2 or even 3 dome pots, and it had some more weird things like that.

EDIT: this1 looks like a genuine one so serial number and brand names of the parts is the only way to know i guess

modded?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Well have you gotten the serial number or at least asked for it? How about the auction webpage?

Bad spelling on auction, no serial #, from China = FAKE imo

Just get the serial #. Others confirmed it looks good. Now go find out for sure from Ibanez and once you find out it's real, celebrate ... drink some beers, **** some chicks and shred on some Ibanez greatness
looks to me to be the real deal congrats on becoming a Jem owner i cant see anything in your pic to say it aint real
Quote by ibanezgod1973
looks to me to be the real deal congrats on becoming a Jem owner i cant see anything in your pic to say it aint real

Thank god man. I will no doubt post back with confirmation when I recieve it. I'm stoked.

For questions above: There was no serial number on listing and I didn't think to ask. The spelling was spot on and it was from the UK and the guy spoke to me on the phone ( he was scottish). He assured me it was the real deal and comes with the official hard case and said he'd even throw in a set of strings (not a big deal but I ain't saying no) I have his address and telephone number and if it turns out to be fake.. hell will be raised.
Last edited by satchgear at Aug 13, 2009,
for comparisson here`s my Jem, sorry it`s a small pic but don`t know how to upload the bigger ones.
Attachments:
meandjem.jpg
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by satchgear
Thank god man. I will no doubt post back with confirmation when I recieve it. I'm stoked.

For questions above: There was no serial number on listing and I didn't think to ask. The spelling was spot on and it was from the UK and the guy spoke to me on the phone ( he was scottish). He assured me it was the real deal and comes with the official hard case and said he'd even throw in a set of strings (not a big deal but I ain't saying no) I have his address and telephone number and if it turns out to be fake.. hell will be raised.

Oh yeah bro, no worries then. If you actually got to talk to a real person than it shouldn't be a problem. I just see some of the auctions that scream fake ya know.

Congrats bro. Get confirmation and make a real NGD thread
Quote by ibanezgod1973
for comparisson here`s my Jem, sorry it`s a small pic but don`t know how to upload the bigger ones.

Ahhh, the vintage blackface. Nice
Quote by satchgear

yes hell will be raised
looks real to me congrats
Quote by ibanezgod1973

Looks the same to me. From what I can see anyways.
If they put that much effort into making a fake, its probably almost as good as the original...
Can't really say without a better picture, buy, it looks legit. Bridge looks like it is an edge pro, and since bridges are usually the most obvious part of fake, I am 90% sure it is "the real deal".
The easiest thing I look for is the cavity cut out behind the bridge. JEMS are cut very differently than any RG or other Ibanez body I have seen, they are cut deeper and it doesn't look like one rectangular cut, its looks like 6 little tunnels cut in half (really hard to describe what I am talking about), plus it's got the monkey grip.

TS - It looks to be a real one.

Nice Axe!!!
Quote by srob7001
The easiest thing I look for is the cavity cut out behind the bridge. JEMS are cut very differently than any RG or other Ibanez body I have seen, they are cut deeper and it doesn't look like one rectangular cut, its looks like 6 little tunnels cut in half (really hard to describe what I am talking about), plus it's got the monkey grip.

TS - It looks to be a real one.

Nice Axe!!!

it`s called the lion claw routing and is on all jem7v`s