I just got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 2 days ago.
However, I've noticed a fret buzz on most of the frets on the 5th and 6th strings. So I highered the bridge on the side where the fret buzz occured, and it worked

Now, I just want to know if an un-even bridge matters? What effect does it do? I don't mind a little high action on the 3 lower strings, as long as there is no fret buzz, because my amp is picking them up, and it's really annoying.
It won't hurt the guitar if that's what you're asking.

But personally, I would raise the action equally..
If it's too high after doing that, perhaps the neck is TOO straight or bowed, and you need to adjust the truss rod. Neck should be bowed just a tad...

Put a capo on the first fret, and hold down the 6th string at the last fret.

Use feeler gague to measure the gap beween the 8th fret and the 6th string.
It should be about .010 +/- .005. so anywhere from .005 to .015

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
If it was buzzing that way it was likely not set up properly in the factory. Just use it in whatever way it works. On another note how is the intonation?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I adjusted the intonation, so that's fine.
I asked one of the people who worked at the guitar shop to see if it's already setup, and he said it was...
reset it back to where it was, take it back tell them it needs a truss rod adjustment (which shop was it was it Dolphin Music by any chance). next time you purchase a guitar make sure the tech gives it the once over check.

or goto soundsgreat in heald green, manchester and ask Gaz for a full setup it will cost you £40 though.
Why bother getting it set up if you can set it up yourself? Also, When the bridge was low did you get buzz on the entire treble side of the guitar or just in specific places?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I got it at Dawsons, and yes, I had fret buzz on the entire treble side of the guitar unfortunately, but it's ok now.
I'm just curious about the bridge being un-equal...
Quote by Mason12309
I got it at Dawsons, and yes, I had fret buzz on the entire treble side of the guitar unfortunately, but it's ok now.
I'm just curious about the bridge being un-equal...

Again, it won't physically harm the guiatar.

The only effect will be on you. Is it still comfortable to play? or do you find it a little awkward?...

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
the bridge shouldn`t be perfectly flat anyway there needs to be a small compensation for string thickness
Is it still comfortable to play? or do you find it a little awkward?...

Yes, it's still comfortable.
To be honest... I don't really feel a difference, the only difference is that there is no fret buzz anymore.
Quote by Mason12309
Yes, it's still comfortable.
To be honest... I don't really feel a difference, the only difference is that there is no fret buzz anymore.

Then you're good to go. That's why they are adjustable...

Now just go and play the thing...LOL.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear