Page 1 of 2
a 2006er doing this tut tut .

but yeah rip LP
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Last edited by ChiliFan01 at Aug 13, 2009,
Just read about that. he contributed alot to this planet.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
This is one of those really sad days.......Honor the man, glorify hes work, but remember his life.

.........speechless....
Darn it. Oh well, He did have quite a life and influenced many. I was getting into his music a few weeks ago, You should check out his music. He was QUITE a player and could play very fast.

You know something strange? Nirvana's song "Sappy" started playing just before I saw this topic.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
R.I.P Les Paul, your legacy and name will live on.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Bummed....it's pouring rain here too. Sad, sad moment...

RIP
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
It is sad, but it makes me happy to know that his music and his guitar will live forever.
RIP Les Paul
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I just heard myself..............RIP friend.

Thanks for inspiring a rockin' guitar, and giving us rockin' tunes.
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

Last edited by thedarkblues06 at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by scott58
Just read about that. he contributed alot to this planet.

I think he contributed more to the people and music.
Quote by TheLetheProject
R.I.P Les Paul, the designer of the most famous signature model EVER. Your name will live on forever.

not designer, inventor
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
This is so sad
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Guitar legend Les Paul dies at age 94

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Les Paul, the guitarist and inventor who changed the course of music with the electric guitar and multitrack recording and had a string of hits, many with wife Mary Ford, died on Thursday. He was 94.

According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died of complications from pneumonia at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.

As an inventor, Paul helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll and multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the "tracks" in the finished recording.

Les Signed my Anniversary 25/50 and I have been trying to get back down to Fat Tuesdays to hang out with him and have him put another autograph on my Paul I guess I'll never get to see him again. RIP my friend. You left me with my love of guitars something I'll always be grateful for.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Aug 13, 2009,
WOW
I wake up and this is the first thing i read...

it's crazy, im not a LP man myself, but yesterday at guitar center i just keept looking at one, and admiring the beauty of the mans namesake

damn...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Rip L.P. You contributed so much to music, and influenced so many players. Your life has touched a lot of people, and you are gone too soon, yet, from this world.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
R.I.P. Could you imagine if the Les Paul guitar was never invented? We'd be rocking ukulele's.
Wow, im pretty much speechless.....

RIP Les Paul, a true legend
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
I bet you the guys at Gibson are already thinking of some kind of Limited Edition Les Paul Les Paul model which will cost over $20,000.

you can't really accuse them of cashing in on this since they've been making guitars bearing his name for the last 57 years.

but i bet the prices go up.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
RIP Les
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
wow what a sad day RIP, cant believe i found this on a forum instead on the front page of UG.
I think I may pass up on buying a Gibson V and buy a nice Les Paul Standard because of this.
I cried manly tears
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I meant to see him when I was planning to go to new York in July, but that got delayed...never will now. Suppose that's a lesson to never put off what you can do now, particularly when it's seeing a 94-year old living legend and inspiration play a Monday night gig at a club.

Rest in Peace Paul, may your music live on even longer than your guitar, which will never die as long as nobody destroys all the 1959 models.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
R.I.P Les Paul

This is ****ed up, todays my birthday and guess what my present is...Gibson Les Paul. And i got it yesterday too
Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine white
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
The Sun is shining here because of everything he did for music

R.I.P. Les Paul, you will be missed =/
It's amazing how someone we've never met had such a huge impact on our lives.
RIP, Les.
Yep, I was never a big fan of the les paul (guitar), but highly respect the man.
You absolutely cannot deny the impact the man and the guitar had on music history.

Rest In Peace Mr. Paul.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Page 1 of 2