Would a pair of X2N's or Super Distortion's in both the Neck and Bridge be good?

Dimarzio's website they're recomended for the Bridge, but key word there is recomded,

And if not thoise, any other suggestions (wanting to stick with Dimarzio's)
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
I like evolution bridge and fred neck
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
the dimarzio forums have some pretty knowledgeable people on this subject.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Yeah...but I dont want to join a whole new forum to get 1 question answered.

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
do you really care that much? don't you want the opinion of the most knowledgeable people on the subject?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
do they HAVE to be Dimarzios?

I really don't get the insistence on a particular brand of pickups the difference in tone between models made by the same brand can be just as big, if not more significant than the difference in sound between brands.
I have a super distortion in my Ibanez's neck and bridge and it doesn't sound that bad. It doesn't sound bad but I think one super distortion is like 5 years older than the other so take that into part. I got them both used for only $27 each. they're great.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by pmeg568c
do you really care that much? don't you want the opinion of the most knowledgeable people on the subject?

I just don't see why my question can't be answered here

super distortion in the bridge, and an air norton in the neck... or if you want a more vintagey sounding neck p'up go with the dimarzio PAF pros...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Quote by konigstiger
super distortion in the bridge, and an air norton in the neck... or if you want a more vintagey sounding neck p'up go with the dimarzio PAF pros...

the paf pro isnt really vintage sounding. Its way too hot for that. The air norton and classic are more "vintage sounding".
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Super Distortion at the Bridge and Humbucker From Hell at the Neck is what I use.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
The real question here is what guitar are you putting them in, we need to know what kind of wood these pickups are going into. makes a huge difference.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Asking us which pickup combo is right for you is like asking me to show how my opinion that blue is a better color than red should also apply to you...pickups, like colors, are all different, and are entirely a matter of taste. What sounds bad to others sounds good to me, what sounds good to others sounds bad to me...

If you want to find a good DiMarzio set for you, then go play some guitars with DiMarzios in them and decide what you like for yourself. It's the only way to know for sure.