So I consider to buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe + a Hughes & Kettner tube factor(for overdrive).
Then I looked for it at Thomann and found this two editions of the amp:
The normal edition(in black):
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_hot_rod_deluxe.htm
and this special orange edition which costs more:
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_hot_rod_deluxe_orange_hrdx_ltd.htm

There are only two differences between those two:
The speaker and the design.
So my question: Is the celestion vintage speaker(from the orange) better than the normal speaker(the black) or is the only reason to buy the more expensive one the design?
Last edited by PapaSchumpf at Aug 13, 2009,
Will the orange onne sound better?
Most likely, it will

Does it justify a 200£ difference in the price?
NO
a vintage 30 goes for about $150, and a guitar shop will probably charge you $50 for a speaker swap. so if you're not comfortable replacing your own speaker, i'd say that the orange one would be much better.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The vintage 30 will help the overdrive tone (which is **** to the point of unuseable on the HRD) but won't do any good for the cleans, really. It's a brilliant clean amp, good reverb. Awful overdrive. I personally don't think the speaker swap makes it worth $200 more. I wouldn't bother with the vintage 30, personally because I thought the overdrive was so lame that it wouldn't matter what speaker you were running. I've tried it with the V30 and with the stock speaker, and wouldn't advise you go for the v30 in honesty. You could instead invest in a good overdrive pedal.
why bother with a HR deluxe if the overdrive is important for you too ? their OD is ****ty indeed, but the clean are great. since you need both, i'd get a different amp.
I have a Blues and i regret buying it because the od is worthless.
I'd lean towards an AC30, laney VC30, or if you want the american voicing an epiphone Blues custom perhaps. The list goes on. If you'd like some recommendations, make a thread about it with details.
Quote by PapaSchumpf
so you think the clean stays the same and the overdrive of the vintage 30 is better?
of course the normal overdrive is **** but do you think the vintage 30 works better with an overdrive pedal than the normal speaker? (here the pedal i want: http://www.thomann.de/de/hughes_kettner_tube_factor.htm)

The clean was probably slightly worse with the V30, but only marginally. It's because the cleans are so good on the HRD and Blues Deluxe etc. that it doesn't make a massive difference to the clean tone.

I don't know about your overdrive pedal question, I've never tried the H&K Tube Factor. I own a blues deluxe, and with an overdrive pedal it sounds fine.

Go and try these things for yourself. It's a lot of money to spend and not be satisfied with it.
PEOPLE! he sis not using the OD on the amp. he is buying s Hughes an Kettner Tube Factor to use WITH the HRD. we understand that the OD onm the amp is not very good, but read his freaking posts before you start sh*tting yourselves over it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Don't bother with a different speaker. Just the normal Hot Rod Deluxe with a good overdrive pedal will sound very yummy.
celestion speakers are
GOOOOOOOD
get the orange one
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Quote by sg4ever
Don't bother with a different speaker. Just the normal Hot Rod Deluxe with a good overdrive pedal will sound very yummy.

Yep. +1
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
holy **** thats f***ing confusing....
SO many opinions
Ok now just a question:
Do you think I can get a better gear for (695€ the amp and 250€ the tube distortion ) 945€ for Blues, Southern Rock/ Country, Classic Rock and some 70s 80s Hardrock?(keep in mind the H&K tube factor is not a ****ty od pedal, its with a tube)

The clean was probably slightly worse with the V30, but only marginally. It's because the cleans are so good on the HRD and Blues Deluxe etc. that it doesn't make a massive difference to the clean tone.
so you really think the clean channel of the orange sounds worse than the black, althoug the orange has a better speaker?
Last edited by PapaSchumpf at Aug 14, 2009,