Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I decided I wanted to customize my pickguard. It's a strat style guitar with an identical pickguard as a strat. What I want to do is somehow be able to take newspaper clippings, magazine pictures, or pictures printed from the computer and create a collage of random pictures. But I have no idea how to properly apply the pictures and whatever protective coatings i'll need so that the pictures don't get ruined when playing. What will I need and how do I do it? Any help you can give me or any links to other sites that have instructions would be great. I've searched everywhere but could not find any information. Thanks
Please don't double post, we will not criticize you for the title spelling error, and you could even ask a mod to change it for you.

*reported*
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Sorry, I accidently posted the first one. I pressed post but then stopped my browser from switching pages so I thought it was ok. I deleted the other post as soon as I realized it.
blindsagacity you're a right sad w*nker, this guy's just looking for some help and you have to be a complete pretentious dickhead. I bet you're a right nerd
Oh, so I see you did, its all cool.

Hopefully the mods (probly Jim) will see this and not close it.

Anyway, the info I posted in the other thread was:

If you can afford a new PG i would recommend getting a clear one and putting the papers under it so that they won't be damaged.

EDIT:
Quote by ollievk
blindsagacity you're a right sad w*nker, this guy's just looking for some help and you have to be a complete pretentious dickhead. I bet you're a right nerd

what the hell is your problem? if you would have looked I had posted help in the other thread, and was just telling him not to double post, no mean spirit intended, and *reported* the post so it could get deleted, not to get the guy in trouble. Now bugger off
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Last edited by blindsagacity at Aug 13, 2009,
Blindsagacity- Ok I understand, that might be what i'll do. It would definately be more easy than what I was thinking before; applying whatever solution over everything to seal it in. Thanks

Edit: I like your idea below about copying the picture.
Last edited by muel333 at Aug 13, 2009,
One thing I would try is to go ahead and make your collage. Then take that to a Staples or Office Depot and make some photo copies. Then use the photo copies to experiment with your sealant solutions. That way you will not mess up your original with a trial-and-error process.
for experimentation, he wouldn't even need photocopies, he could just use paper
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I think you should definitely put them under the pickguard then you wouldn't have to worry about scratching them. You can get clear pickguards for a strat just google it.
Clear pickguard sounds like the best idea, but otherwise you can superglue the pictures down and hit them with a can of spraypaint clearcoat. Just take your sweet ass time making a stencil that protects the rest of the body from that ****, you don't want it on your guitar.
Quote by eyeplayguitar
Clear pickguard sounds like the best idea, but otherwise you can superglue the pictures down and hit them with a can of spraypaint clearcoat. Just take your sweet ass time making a stencil that protects the rest of the body from that ****, you don't want it on your guitar.

Or he could take the pickguard off his guitar?
superglue the pictures down then cover it with polyurethane
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I think i'll just get a clear pickguard and put the pictures underneath it. It seems like the easiest thing to do and I think i'll get the best results with it. Plus a new pickguard from my local store is only around $20. Thanks for the help everyone