I am a total noob at electric guitar and guitar in general and don't have enough money for a teacher but I would like to know what a good teacher would teach a noob and in what order to be able to play 90's rock well. thanks
el cheapo gear but it works
My teacher always taught me songs, and while learning explained how the song worked to tie theory into it.

*shrug*
Practice? ;p
Learning songs is a good way to start. There is a thread on here for good first songs to learn. Go have a look and work your way through that.
Quote by Frankie_Stone
Learning songs is a good way to start. There is a thread on here for good first songs to learn. Go have a look and work your way through that.

link
since I am the teacher, how does this sound
1. basic body and hand position
2. struming and picking technique
3. major, minor, 7 chords
4. chord progressions
5. reading tablature
6. meshing chords with tablature
7. learning simple rhythem chord songs
8. learning more complex riffs
9. learning harder rhythem songs that contain some solos
10. practising harder solos
11. sign a recording contract
The above. Also, I think a good teacher would teach you how to keep time, make sure you play cleanly and several different styles and genres of music.
Quote by Christian Davis
The above. Also, I think a good teacher would teach you how to keep time, make sure you play cleanly and several different styles and genres of music.

wow, so the sequence i guessed at is pretty good and will get me going in the right direction. I have studied a lot of posts but not bad for a first trimester guitarist