I have a mesa boogie triple rec. I have no problems with it except for the buzzing in the high gain channel. I know the buzzing is from the gain itself because the clean channel on my amp is completely silent, but when i switch to the high gain channel modern channel (Red) it begins to buzz. I've been looking around at different things trying to find something that would be able to be a sort of noise gate or something for that would go between my amp's speaker output and the speaker itself. The only thing I came up with was an attenuator. And of the attenuators I looked at, the THD hotplate seems to be the only one that also has a built in noise suppressor (according to what I've read).

SO what I was wondering was if any of you have had this kind of problem before and how you solved it? and also if any of you have experience with the THD hotplate?

(I run my can at 8 ohm jsuk.)
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Unless you're cranking the power tubes (I doubt you are on a Triple Rectumfrier) you don't need an attenuator, friend.

What you need is to work on properly shielding and grounding your guitar and possibly investing in an ISP Decimator. Doing both of those should let you turn the gain up much higher before encountering white noise.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by reservedforchoi
I have a mesa boogie triple rec. I have no problems with it except for the buzzing in the high gain channel. I know the buzzing is from the gain itself because the clean channel on my amp is completely silent, but when i switch to the high gain it begins to buzz. I've been looking at different things trying to find something that would be able to be a sort of noise gate or something that would go between my amp's speaker output and the speaker itself. The only thing I came up with was an attenuator. And of the attenuators I looked at, the THD hotplate seems to be the only one that also has a built in noise suppressor.

An attenuator is a device that plugs in between your amp and speaker. It is used to allow you to turn your amp up loud but reduce its overall volume. It is more often used with cleaner amps that really needs to be wound up to get distortion. A noise gate or noise suspressor is a device you plug into your effects loop, or between your guitar and amp. It calms the hiss and humm associated with high gain amps. It will not eliminate it but reduce it at the expence of sustain. They are not all created equal. Try out several. (+ on the ISP )You will always however get hiss and humm with the gain up high. Turn down the gain until it goes away and see if you can live with it first. Between 1/2 and 3/4 should be plenty with that amp and resonably quiet. If it still is noisey check your preamp tubes.