I am getting a new guitar and I can't decide what to get?
It has to be under $550

My gear
Laguna le122 guitar
SPider 3 75watt amp
roland microcube rx

I play mostly hard rock, some metal, and classic rock.

I was thinking about getting the following
which is the best or do you recommend something else?

Dean Razorback DB Floyd $499
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Razorback-DB-Floyd-Electric-Guitar-105331789-i1449575.gc

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Electric Guitar $429
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc?sort=2

Epiphone Goth G-400 $299
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Goth-G-400-Electric-Guitar-517232-i1149241.gc
new amp instead, maybe?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
new amp instead, maybe?

+100

Peavey Classic 30 my friend.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
You will get a lot of people saying get a new amp....because you should.

On a side note, those all drastically different guitars. What are you looking for
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
im looking for something with a thin fretboard so it is easier to play faster

I like to play songs by Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, and Iron Maiden
Quote by guitarmastaplay

I like to play songs by Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, and Iron Maiden

Nuff said about the amp....

If your set on guitar, and you want fast thin neck, check out some Ibanez guitars. That's what they're here for. Fast Metal.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Fast Metal.

Don't call any of the band's he named Metal, except for Iron Maiden.
Quote by KreatorRage

ok, no band bashing here, please
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by guitarmastaplay

Ibanez RG350DX, all the way. I have one, it sounds great, it looks great, and it feels fantastic, the neck's really thin and smooth and you can just glide up and down it. Les pauls, SGs, and Razorbacks all have fat necks.
Quote by KreatorRage

Honestly, never heard of the other bands. Just assumed metal because they were grouped with Iron Maiden. And TS mentioned wanted faster thinner neck...

Yes, I know what you get when you assume....

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by guitarmastaplay
I was looking at this new one Ibanez has
does anyone know if its good

Ibanez Xiphos XP300FX Electric Guitar
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Xiphos-XP300FX-Electric-Guitar-620741-i1469857.gc

It has the same pickups as my RG, which sound good. It also has the wizard ii maple neck, same as my RG, which is exactly what you're looking for, from what you're saying.
Get the Ibanez. As much as I love Dime and Deans in general, Razorbacks are usually either A. Overpriced or B. Set up extremely shoddily with subpar electronics and hardware. Ibanezes are comfortable and are generally well made.
Quote by guitarmastaplay
My final two choices are

Ibanez Xiphos XP300FX Electric Guitar
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-XP300FX

Dean Razorback DB Floyd
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Razorback-DB-Floyd-Electric-Guitar-105331789-i1449575.gc

which should I get
could you tell me y one would be better than the other

There's a few important differences between the two, other than looks..

The Ibanez has a Fixed Bridge (no tremolo wammy)
The Dean has a Floyd rose Tremolo.

so do you want a tremolo or no?
If you're not sure, then no you don't.

The Dean is a shorter scale length, which means it will have slightly narrower space between frets. so depending on you, if you have small hands, the Dean would probably be better.

But, overall I would say Ibanez. Since the main factor making you want a new guitar is thinner faster neck....That's what Ibanez is known for...

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
I would say Epiphone or Ibanez over Dean, Or you could just buy a Tradition S Series model which is a highly rated Les Paul copy. Although listed at $609 on their site I saw one for $400 in a store and they go for less than that on eBay. And on the Tremolo subject, You could also put a Stetsbar trem on it if you wanted.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by guitarmastaplay
I'm probably going to get the Ibanez Xiphos XP300FX and get the emg 81/85 pickups installed in it

those will sound pretty bad through your spider. actives+spider 3= not a good tone
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by guitarmastaplay

if you really want to buy a guitar, I just purchased an RGA and I can highly recommend it. It's bout 300-400 bucks I think. 24 frets, REALLY thin neck (like most ibanezes), arched top, but it has a fixed bridge so it's easier to downtune and you don't have (what alot of people complain about here) the problems with the edge 3 tremolo bridge. Oh and it has (nothing to say on the quality) active pickups

Atfter that (or at the same time if you're wise), save up some money and buy something like a Blackheart Little Giant or a Valveking, and a good distortion and EQ pedal.

EDIT: do that but FIRST buy the amp, afterwards save up for the new guitar. You'll also have abit more time to test out different models (which we'll gladly recommend).
Not because I'm a spider hater but it's mainly because if the active are driving your spider it won't sound as good as on a tube amp.

There, that should do it.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 13, 2009,
is the boss gt-10 worth the money

my laguna le122 plays good and i saw someone play a boss gt-10 through a roland microcube rx and it sounded real good