So I've been playing the guitar for many years now. I'd like to think I have some skills. I've always enjoyed playing acoustic in its own right.
However, for the past year I have been playing some traditionally electric songs on my acoustic, and they seem to fall flat. I think it's time for me to buy an electric guitar. I enjoy playing Bach on my guitar and enjoy solos. So I'm ready to step up my game and learn how to solo and improvise on an electric.
Here' the dilemma: I have no idea what I am doing. So I had some questions for anyone who could answer them.
1.What is a good guitar to buy for someone who is new to the world of electric guitars, but isn't new to guitars?
2.The coolest thing about electrics are the sounds you can make. Is it tough to recreate the sound you hear on your favorite songs?
3. What sort of equipment is best, I could care less about amps, what about noise modifiers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by nsweet
So I've been playing the guitar for many years now. I'd like to think I have some skills. I've always enjoyed playing acoustic in its own right.
However, for the past year I have been playing some traditionally electric songs on my acoustic, and they seem to fall flat. I think it's time for me to buy an electric guitar. I enjoy playing Bach on my guitar and enjoy solos. So I'm ready to step up my game and learn how to solo and improvise on an electric.
Here' the dilemma: I have no idea what I am doing. So I had some questions for anyone who could answer them.
1.What is a good guitar to buy for someone who is new to the world of electric guitars, but isn't new to guitars?
2.The coolest thing about electrics are the sounds you can make. Is it tough to recreate the sound you hear on your favorite songs?
3. What sort of equipment is best, I could care less about amps, what about noise modifiers?

You should, most of your tone comes from the amp with electric guitars.
Quote by nsweet

YES, it's very difficult. There are endless variables to consider. Most of which are out of your control. Mainly, the sound coming from your guitar/amp begins within the person playing it. You can't copy exactly how someone else plays.

So don't try to get the EXACT tone of a song you hear. Aim for just getting close and be happy with it and play.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear