Sorry, didn't know where to put this and GT looks like the most fitting place.

In a month or two, I need to get my fingerprints scanned and it is very important that these prints come out perfect. It will be my third time doing the same scan as both times before, the prints came out faulty. Turns out, it is apparently because of my callouses from playing guitar.
So anyways, I need a way to keep playing guitar for a month or two, even if it means playing just scales and chords without screwing up my fingerprints again.
Also, are there any ways to make my fingers callousless?
uh use your other hand to get scanned?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
After a few months of playing my finger tips looked normal again. just thicker skinned feeling.

Matter of fact looking at them right now, they look just a nice as my other finger tips.
power sander, medium grit.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
power sander, medium grit.

300 actually works fine.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
like MetaBolic said warm water probably although if you have access to a pool it may help the process to go quicker or at least feel like it lol I was in the pool for a couple of hours the other day and next thing I knew I looked down and poof callouses were peeling right off lol

but I must ask why the finger scan?
Only reason you should need a finger scan is for

A - concealed weapons permit (states anyways)
B - enlisting in military
C - gov job
D - criminal

But they should still be able to get a good fingerprint even if you have calluoses. I had been playing guitar for many years when I enlisted and they never had a problem reading my scanned prints.
put a lighter gauge of strings on your guitar and try not to do too much bending of the strings.
Surely there's no such thing as a faulty fingerprint? With the calusses that's just what your prints look like as you play guitar... by not accepting this they're making a bizarre eror of judgement and logic in my opinion...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, I'm skeptical too, hence "apparently" in my OP.
But whatever they say, I just want this to be done with.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Surely there's no such thing as a faulty fingerprint? With the calusses that's just what your prints look like as you play guitar... by not accepting this they're making a bizarre eror of judgement and logic in my opinion...

Actually, there very much is such a thing as a faulty fingerprint.
I had to get printed for immigration purposes and the agency here in Canada that did said that out of every 10 sets they send to the FBI at least 3 will be returned as unusable.
Unfortunately, the FBI's opinion trumps yours.
Quote by Axelotl
Actually, there very much is such a thing as a faulty fingerprint.

The logic behind it still fails in my mind, at least from this particular case's point of view, obviously incomplete or badly done prints are unusable but to reject it because someone has caluses? That's PART of their print...

Edit: And screw the FBI, I don't live in America
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Surely there's no such thing as a faulty fingerprint?

Oddly, no. I burned the 'print' off the index finger on my left hand when I was about 10, and when I had to give some prints for elimination purposes in my late teens (I worked in a shop that got ram-raided) the police forensics lady actually came back and told me that said print was extremely unique but basically impossible to create an index for because where most people have curved lines, I have a blob. In other words, whilst the print itself is extremely easy to pick out by eye, it lacks the reference points required for biometric purposes.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Yeah, there's a lack of ridges on my fingertips. Eh, I guess goodbye callouses, at least for now.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The logic behind it still fails in my mind, at least from this particular case's point of view, obviously incomplete or badly done prints are unusable but to reject it because someone has caluses? That's PART of their print...

Edit: And screw the FBI, I don't live in America

I once read about a cuban man who was applying for permanent residency or citizenship. I can't remember which. He had his prints returned not once, but twice. Why? Well, he was missing two fingers on one hand.

So, the callous thing doesn't surprise me.

To the OP - best of luck, try not to go too stir crazy during the time not playing. I'd have a hard time with that.
Use your right hand.

p.s. you should be fretting with the tip of your finger, I never get them on the pads of my fingers, you probably shouldn't either.