14 38%
BOSS DD-7
9 24%
Subdecay Echobox
1 3%
Other
13 35%
Voters: 37.
Which delay do you guys feel is "best bang for your buck?" Will buy from ebay!
Last edited by boroboy at Aug 13, 2009,
memory man with HAZARAI

this thing is amazing. simply
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Boss is the way to go
My Gear:
- ESP Eclipse II FR
- Epiphone Les Paul
- Prudencio Saez Classical
- Marshall MG 30WattDFX
- Boss MT-2
- Ibanez TS9
- Dunlop Slash Crybaby
- Boss CH-2
Quote by THEKING35
Boss is the way to go

lol.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
lol.

? The Boss Digital Delay series is an industry standard?

There's nothing wrong with that statement about delay's.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
? The Boss Digital Delay series is an industry standard?

There's nothing wrong with that statement about delay's.

no.

Lexicon is an industry standard.

Maxon is an industry standard.

Eventide...

Boss is nowhere close to being an industry standard at anything.

I liked the earlier suggestion for EHX MM w/ H... very cool and supprisingly useful tool.
^A LOT of pro guitarists use Boss pedals. Just because they aren't boutique doesn't mean they're ****.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by GrisKy
no.

Lexicon is an industry standard.

Maxon is an industry standard.

Eventide...

Boss is nowhere close to being an industry standard at anything.

I liked the earlier suggestion for EHX MM w/ H... very cool and supprisingly useful tool.

So...

Every guitarist from the Eagles uses boss pedals, Tom Morello, Joe Satriani, Jesse Lacey, Ace (skunk anansie), Dave Navaro, Graham Coxon, Larry Lamonde, Robert Smith, Steve Gossard, Thom Yorke, Dave Grohl, Mike Mcready, Kurt Cobain, John Frusciante and a hell of alot more use/have used boss pedals.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If you're looking into the Deluxe Memory Man, check out Behringer's Vintage Time Machine, it's a clone at 1/3 of the price and sounds nearly identical. Check out reviews and demos, they get good reviews from people who have actually tried it (like me)
Quote by Business
If you're looking into the Deluxe Memory Man, check out Behringer's Vintage Time Machine, it's a clone at 1/3 of the price and sounds nearly identical. Check out reviews and demos, they get good reviews from people who have actually tried it (like me)

+1.

Fantastic delay pedal, not just good for the price, but a GOOD delay.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by mcraddict81592
^A LOT of pro guitarists use Boss pedals. Just because they aren't boutique doesn't mean they're ****.

I'm not saying they're bad. I laughed at the guy with the metalzone who said boss pedals were awesome.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
I'm not saying they're bad. I laughed at the guy with the metalzone who said boss pedals were awesome.

this. do you really want to put a DD whatever side-by-side with a Lexicon or even a T.C. delay?

...and being a pro guitarist doesn't make you a sound engineer.

EDIT:

Bus: good call on the Behringer... I really hate damn near everything they've made that I've tried, but that one is an xcellent value. It's worth mentioning though that many people have had reliability issues with Behringer products. I've been in that boat myself. Not sure specifically on the delay, as I was toying with one that belonged to a friend. How's yours been reliability-wise?
Last edited by GrisKy at Aug 14, 2009,
Actually, I'd recommend the DigiTech Hardwire DL-8 over the BOSS DD-7.

It's a great pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm sorry...i didn't read OP and just voted DMM.

It's defintely NOT best bang for your buck.

That would be the Memory BOY and the Line 6 Echo Park.
$100 and $70 respectively.
Line 6 used.

Otherwise, Nova Repeator, DL-4 and SMMwH
+1 to the Nova Repeater suggestions.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
NovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeaterNovaRepeater
I love my Boss DD-7, it has a large range of good sounding delays, it's compact, has 40 seconds of loop, stereo capable, cant really go wrong.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
[quote="'[= Tom ="]']TC Electronic Nova Repeater - as that guy pointed out.^
Was I not clear?
Since the question TS asked was about "Bang for your buck", I'd go with boss... I got a used (perfect condition) DD-7 for $150....

The pedal is a terrific pedal, and anyone who complains about Boss delay pedals are just snobs who are listening to what people have said about their distortion/OD models (righteous complaints).

Having said that, the EHX deluxe memory man was a very cool pedal... For the price, I'm not so sure it's much better than the DD-7, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Of course, if you've got a little more money, the Eventide-timefactor is awfully neat!