Hi,
I'm playing both acoustic and electric guitar. I'm playing mostly metal and would like to learn some classical guitar..

I really like the beginning of songs such as Battery, Fight Fire with Fire, And Justice For All and To Live is to Die (All Metallica).

anyone knows a good lesson/tutorial/book etc for this kind of music?
Any hint on other songs that has similar stuff to it?

thanks and bye
hmmm, those songs of Metallica aren't classical.
they may be played on a classical guitar or have a classical feel but nothing to do with classical music imo

refering to techniques and such
Last edited by toine at Aug 13, 2009,
Yeah, they're two *entirely* different things.

Do you want to learn classical guitar, or do you want to learn stuff like what you quoted?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
As has already been sayed those songs are quite different from classical guitar (Which I've been playing since I started playing guitar)

Which do you actually want to learn?
Quote by toine
hmmm, those songs of Metallica aren't classical.
they may be played on a classical guitar or have a classical feel but nothing to do with classical music imo

refering to techniques and such

Well, they have something to do with classical music, but they aren't the best representation of it, that's for sure.

If you like Metallica though, it wouldn't hurt you to learn some of their pseudo classical riffs. If it sparks an interest in you to take it further and explore music of the classic period ..... that's a good thing as well.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by axemanchris
Yeah, they're two *entirely* different things.

Do you want to learn classical guitar, or do you want to learn stuff like what you quoted?

CT

Well, stuff that I quoted, in that vein.

What should I learn/study to create that type of music on guitar?
start with basic melodies eg beethovens ode to joy making sure you are alternate picking. Then try songs with simple bass notes added. you should note a lot of beginners classical is based on 1/2 size chords with additional bass notes on the bass strings.

right hand will be the biggest challenge. i find with students i can teach them a lot of songs they already know to get their right hand technique better. if you want some tunes ive got tetris and pink panther for classical, romanza and nothing else matters easy arrangements for classical and some other standard stuff like carcassi.