Hi,

When I use one of my guitars no matter which amp I'm using the amp randomly goes to the clean channel and goes very quiet while I'm playing, it then goes back to overdrive and plays normally for a while then does this again. Any insight would be helpful, I don't want to take it to a repair shop because I am the only person I let work on my guitars.

Also this same guitar's action wont go low no matter what I do. Its a Custom painted (by me) Dean Evo XM. I want to fix this because it was my first ever guitar and I painted it myself. It's very important to me.

Thanks,
Dan

It does this with EVERY amp I use no matter if its tube or SS, by the way.
Quote by mievh
Hi,

When I use one of my guitars no matter which amp I'm using the amp randomly goes to the clean channel and goes very quiet while I'm playing, it then goes back to overdrive and plays normally for a while then does this again. Any insight would be helpful, I don't want to take it to a repair shop because I am the only person I let work on my guitars.

Also this same guitar's action wont go low no matter what I do. Its a Custom painted (by me) Dean Evo XM. I want to fix this because it was my first ever guitar and I painted it myself. It's very important to me.

Thanks,
Dan

It does this with EVERY amp I use no matter if its tube or SS, by the way.

Doesn't sound like something a guitar could cause, unless you've modified it with something that could. But are you by chance using any other accessory(ies) with each amp?
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Did you put EMG or other Active pickups in it? Try replacing the batteries.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
it could be something with the electronics on the guitar (volume pot maybe?)
However, I've had bad cables do things like that
No it has passive pickups, and I have been running the guitar straight to the amp.

Also the amps I have used are, Marshall MG10CD, Marshall G30RCD, Marshall Valvestate 50 Watt with bass cab, Vox Valvetronix AD15Vt-XL, Marshall Mosfet Lead 100 Halfstack.

It has done it with all the amps but very little with the Halfstacks.

I havent modified the guitar in any way except the paintjob and new pots and a new 3 way switch.
I have used the same cable every time, except a gig where I used a high quality Monster cable into a Marshall DSL 1000, then it didn't do it.
Quote by mievh
I have used the same cable every time, except a gig where I used a high quality Monster cable into a Marshall DSL 1000, then it didn't do it.

maybe you have you answer then, test out a new cable is the best advice I can give
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal