So I'm deciding to build a 1960 Strat replica. I was on eBay and its ridiculous how expensive vintage guitars are going for. Since I lack the skills and tools to actually build my own body and neck I'll prolly get the body from mjtele.com because I really like their finishes. For the neck I'm thinking Musikraft or Warmoth and then a Callaham bridge, Vintage style Klusons, and era-correct parts from eBay. I really want to make this as close to the original as possible, just to make it believable.
Oh yeah, it will be Brazilian rosewood and either fiesta red or Olympic white.

Any comments or ideas?
Good luck.
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
I'd go for the vintage white. And you're gonna pay a lot for Brazillian rosewood.

And you might have to do some neck relicing by yourself, or take it to someone who can do it for you.

And remember, get a neck without a skunk stripe.

EDIT: For pickups, you could go for something like Custom Shop 69s, or even Fender 57/62 pickups. But yeah, someone else could help a bit more on the pickups, cause I'm too tired to remember anything just now
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 13, 2009,
Yeah i have 57/62 pu's in my other Strat and they do a nice job for me.

I'm still thinking if I should find those "exact-spec vintage pickup repros" or get something like Seymour Duncan SSL-1 Vintage Staggered