So, i've been playing for a while now, starting to find my niche etc, and I believe where I am heading for is the Metallica/Dream Theater path. So my question is what amp should I aim for getting? If i can get ideas from different price ranges, that would be good, as i'm not sure yet how much i want to pay. So, any amps, little description why, and a price would be very much appreciated. Or else direct me wherever if there is a better place to go. Thanks!
What is your budget? Because a £1800 mesa would fit the bill, but I can't see you being able to afford it.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
If you can afford any of the Mesa Mark series, that's your best bet. Otherwise look at Randalls or Voxes, depending on your preference for warmer or more sterile tones.
People will rec Bugeras, but I haven't played any so I can't comment. I would say avoid B-52, however.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Mesa Mark V

+1234567890
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Whilst the Mark V looks absolutely awesome in every way, I think its a bit above my price range at the moment. Looking more at a morer affordable option, preferably something a Uni Student (Me (almost anyway)) can afford somewhere along the track. I currently have a modelling amp and its good, but the dirty channels have way too much distortion even with the settings way down, so a specific amp that I could look at getting for heavy tones would be good
Quote by mexican_shred
Well whats your budget

+1

If you're a college student with a wealthy family then you could probably afford something a bit more expensive than someone who has to take government aid to pay for their schooling.
Quote by reallink
Whilst the Mark V looks absolutely awesome in every way, I think its a bit above my price range at the moment. Looking more at a morer affordable option, preferably something a Uni Student (Me (almost anyway)) can afford somewhere along the track. I currently have a modelling amp and its good, but the dirty channels have way too much distortion even with the settings way down, so a specific amp that I could look at getting for heavy tones would be good

I wouldn't bother with the Mark V anwyway, it seems like they tried to make it do too much, and didn't really make it excel at anything. Out of all the demo clips I've heard, only one guy I know has made some good clips with it, and he ended up selling it after a month disappointed overall.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I wouldn't bother with the Mark V anwyway, it seems like they tried to make it do too much, and didn't really make it excel at anything. Out of all the demo clips I've heard, only one guy I know has made some good clips with it, and he ended up selling it after a month disappointed overall.

+1, what I was going to say

If you go Mark series, Mark III is great for what it costs.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera