Hey guys I just got offered a used bass cab, and not being a bass player I'm wondering if I can run a normal head for an electric guitar through it? I'm not really an expert when it comes to switching things up between bass and 6-strings so, any help or advice would be appreciated
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
it should work as long as the ohm ratings match, you should notice it sounds more bassy than it would normally
It's fine if the impedences match.

But not the other way around.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Thanks. So I'm assuming with all the bottom end I'd get pretty muddy cleans then? Or does it just depend on the head I run though it?
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Hey dude, I play a tube guitar amp through an ampeg bass cab. The cleans are very nice and round, not at all muddy. It definitely works and I have always played through bass cabs rather than guitar cabs. I recommend it
Quote by job153
Thanks. So I'm assuming with all the bottom end I'd get pretty muddy cleans then? Or does it just depend on the head I run though it?

Speakers aimed at clean tones tend to have alot of ultra-high end. I'd imagine the cleans wouldn't sound much regardless of the head used.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Alright thanks. I'm not huge on cleans anyways, I was just wondering how versatile the two would be together
Quote by werty22