Ok, I started off playing on a FAB distortion, nothing serious, and then I moved to a BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. However, the OS-2 seems really distant/hollow compared to the FAB. I've fiddled with settings on the pedal but I can't figure out why it sounds muffled compared to the cheap $10 one. Any help please?
turn the tone up on everything, guitar, amp etc.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Pyrotechie
Ok, I started off playing on a FAB distortion, nothing serious, and then I moved to a BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. However, the OS-2 seems really distant/hollow compared to the FAB. I've fiddled with settings on the pedal but I can't figure out why it sounds muffled compared to the cheap $10 one. Any help please?

Do you have a tube amp? Thats what OD pedals are for, no?
just give me a fender and let me rip
Bottom line, the OS2 is a pretty crappy pedal - I had one, it was gash.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by sk8board3r
Do you have a tube amp? Thats what OD pedals are for, no?

It's a tube, yes.
The amp itself is a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It just seems strange that I get sounds better out of a crappy $10 pedal.
i think you like distortion more maybe? if that is the case, then even a crappy distortion pedal will have more gain than a od pedal. sorry, i consider the OS-2 much more a od pedal than a distortion pedal. if you're going for a vintage classic rock tone, the os-2 may sound better. either way, don't go to boss for distortion, as you can see they can't even really compete with 10 dollar FAB pedals. kinda sad really. i have only had luck with more high dollar pedals, i would expect to spend about 150+ on a pedal i wouldn't want to get rid of.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae