My birthday is coming up and I am looking for something to upgrade.
Something under $500

My gear
Laguna Le122 electric guitar
Line 6 Spider 3 15watt amp
Roland Microcube RX amp

I play mostly hard rock and metal songs and some classic rock

I was thinking of a new guitar but I think mine works pretty good.
I was thinking about getting the boss gt-10
Don't buy the multieffects pedal. Buy a new amp, but sell your spider first so you'll have a bit more cash towards it, but if your willing to go used you can get a decent tube amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
If you are happy with your guitar I'd look for a better amp. I'd rather have a nice guitar and a cheap amp than the other way around. The GT10 is nice but from what I hear it is about the same thing as a GT6 or GT8 with a few more bells and whistles. A used GT8 and amp may be possible in the used market if you look around enough.
you wont be able to gig with a 15 watt line 6 spider...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
New amp.

Blackstar HT-5 or a Peavey Vyper.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
^he says hes going to be gigging. look for maybe a used peavey ultra/XXX/5150/6505. a line 6 flextone or a peavey vypyr would also be a great option. trust me, if you get some guitar thinking it will perfect your rig, you've got to understand that you need a powerful amp.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
If you have a good amp to gig with, then you have 2 options: buy a new guitar for gigging, or get a practice amp for home use. In the $500 range, you can get good practice amps and good guitars, especially if you buy used.

Let us know what you want, a new guitar or a better practice amp.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
There are tons of great tube amps that you can get for 500$ especially in the used market.
Buy a used amp you can gig with so you don't have to rely on your friend all the time.

Because, chances are, you won't be friends forever.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?