Page 1 of 8
I want to see this film. At first, I thought it wasn't going to be that good, since there had been little advertising for it up until a few weeks ago. Now, reviews are coming out, and I have seen the trailer. It's not trying to copy Independence Day. In fact, I think there's going to be little action or explosions. And, it has a very unique plot. Aliens don't invade and try and take over the planet. Instead:

Thirty years ago, aliens made first contact with Earth. Humans waited for the hostile attack, or the giant advances in technology. Neither came. Instead, the aliens were refugees, the last survivors of their home world. The creatures were set up in a makeshift home in South Africa's District 9 as the world's nations argued over what to do with them. Now, patience over the alien situation has run out. Control over the aliens has been contracted out to Multi-National United (MNU), a private company uninterested in the aliens' welfare - they will receive tremendous profits if they can make the aliens' awesome weaponry work. So far, they have failed; activation of the weaponry requires alien DNA. The tension between the aliens and the humans comes to a head when an MNU field operative, Wikus van der Merwe (Sharlto Copley), contracts a mysterious virus that begins changing his DNA. Wikus quickly becomes the most hunted man in the world, as well as the most valuable - he is the key to unlocking the secrets of alien technology. Ostracized and friendless, there is only one place left for him to hide: District 9.

I'm pumped.

Official Trailer
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Last edited by Mockstairwell at Aug 13, 2009,
Looks cheesier than my grandma's toenail fungus.
Im gonna pass.
love is love // return to dust
The polish are coming!
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Reviews are all good, and it looks amazing.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Like all new movies, I will see it 7 years from when it is released.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Looks amazing. I'll definitely be seeing it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i want to go see it, but i am a huge procrastinator and probably won't until one of my friends gets it on DVD of my brother gets it from college
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by rmr024
Peter Jackson was mentioned somewhere so yeah it will pwn.

It was actually "Peter Jackson Presents: A film by some other director"

I don't think he had much hand in the creation of it, but they stuck his name on the please the studios, in the same way that "Hero" was only able to get a US release because they got Quentin Tarantino to "present" it.

EDIT: Although happytimeharry says he was the producer, so it seems I stand corrected.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Last edited by BobMarleysGhost at Aug 13, 2009,
Definitely interested. When is it released?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Plan to see it tomorrow night. I've been waiting all Summer to see it. Ever since I heard Blomkamp was doing it, with Jackson as producer, I was instantly hooked on it. Just seeing the short clips Blomkamp has done in the past (Halo and Alive in Joburg) give me a lot of faith in the guy, despite this being his first full-length movie.
seeing it tonight after work with some friends. looks great and has good reviews
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
I want to see it even before I knew PJ was directing it.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I want to see it even before I knew PJ was directing it.

He's not. He's producing.
I remember the thread with a shitload of viral marketing for this a while back. It was cool with everyone trying to make sense of it, and the marketing was definately effective, because I'm damn sure going to see this.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Rotten Tomatoes gave this film a 100% score... they hardly ever do that, plus, this is a Peter Jackson film, so I know it'll be great.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Rotten Tomatoes gave this film a 100% score... they hardly ever do that, plus, this is a Peter Jackson film, so I know it'll be great.

Yeah, RT is usually a pretty reliable and accurate source. I don't disagree with them too often.
Quote by happytimeharry
He's not. He's producing.

Oh.

all the same I still wanna see it.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by creelers
It's got like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, so it sounds good

Really? ****, Fight Club and American History X only got 81 and 82%...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
Really? ****, Fight Club and American History X only got 81 and 82%...

Well to be honest, a lot of movie ratings are pretty skewed early on in the film's release. They settle out eventually. I'm sure District 9 will eventually find itself at low 90's, upper 80's. That's purely speculation though. Haven't seen it yet.
Quote by happytimeharry
Well to be honest, a lot of movie ratings are pretty skewed early on in the film's release. They settle out eventually. I'm sure District 9 will eventually find itself at low 90's, upper 80's. That's purely speculation though. Haven't seen it yet.

True, but either way, if this movie scores higher than Fight Club and AHX, then... gentleman, a masterpiece has been created.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
True, but either way, if this movie scores higher than Fight Club and AHX, then... gentleman, a masterpiece has been created.

Yeah this may be true, but let's not rush things and create another Dark Knight moment.
Quote by zippidyduda

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt_range.php

Notice Toy Story 2.

I thought it was only OK.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
I am going to see this movie, it sounds pretty good. Also Peter Jackson is amazing.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by tancanada
Looks cheesier than my grandma's toenail fungus.
Im gonna pass.

Really? I think it looks awesome.

I've heard that they portrayed it in a very realistic way, and that it wasn't cheesy at all.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I officially might be seeing this tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)