after taking me to see the dead (the greatful dead minus jerry garcia) and a local concert with some indian influenced shred jazz fusion band, which both were horrible, my dad told me he owes me and will take me to any concert i pick. Lamb of god and metallica are playing at madison square garden in november and i was thinking of that.

would it be a bad idea to bring my middle aged, stocky, old hippy dad to a concert like that? (even though he agreed he would go)
what's bothering me is would it look bad to show up at that kind of concert with my dad?

also he didnt really like either of the concerts we went to either so would it be a better idea to just find a concert we can both enjoy instead of taking him to a metal concert?

tl:dr my dad owes me and offered to take me to any concert of my choice, im thinking lamb of god and metallica. yay or nay?
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Do it. When he gets older you can cherish the memory.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
lol me and my mate went to Unholy alliance with his dad ...

luckilly his dad love metal ... has a beard and tattoos... going to see trivium again in march with them Wooohoooo

with my dad... a 40 year old guy that likes garage ... not sthe smartest of an idea
Last edited by kakos at Aug 13, 2009,
If you both like the groups and think they put on a kickass live show, then go see it.
Take him to a Brokencyde concert and tell him its real music.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Silence&Requiem

also he didnt really like either of the concerts we went to either so would it be a better idea to just find a concert we can both enjoy instead of taking him to a metal concert?

This.

Don't make your Dad sit through that if you're willing to compromise.

I don't guess you've ever been to a LoG concert but Randy Blythe isn't exactly the most courteous and well-mannered guy on stage when it comes to language and I'm sure your Dad won't appreciate the concert.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Let's see. My wife and I went to see Metallica and Godsmack with my boys. No problem. Then we went to see A7X, Coheed and Cambria and 18 Visions with my youngest son and some of his friends. No problem. Couple weeks ago we went to see DKM and Offspring, nice family outing. No problem. I go to concerts with my boys all the time and they go to concerts with me all the time. No problem.
Plus your dad's been listening to Metallica since before you were born. No problem.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I bring my parents to concerts often, but it's usually soft alternative rock stuff, so there's no chance of them dying.

You're fucked.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by dudetheman

I don't guess you've ever been to a LoG concert but Randy Blythe isn't exactly the most courteous and well-mannered guy on stage when it comes to language and I'm sure your Dad won't appreciate the concert.

i dont think my dad would mind the language cuz at the dead concert everyone around us was smoking weed and he didnt give a sh1t. we both got a contact high cuz the whole garden was filled with smoke. the concert seemed better after that too lol. its more the heavy music he wouldnt appreciate
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by Silence&Requiem
after taking me to see the dead (the greatful dead minus jerry garcia) and a local concert with some indian influenced shred jazz fusion band, which both were horrible, my dad told me he owes me and will take me to any concert i pick. Lamb of god and metallica are playing at madison square garden in november and i was thinking of that.

would it be a bad idea to bring my middle aged, stocky, old hippy dad to a concert like that? (even though he agreed he would go)
what's bothering me is would it look bad to show up at that kind of concert with my dad?

tl:dr my dad owes me and offered to take me to any concert of my choice, im thinking lamb of god and metallica. yay or nay?

He owes you for taking you to see The Grateful Dead (minus Garcia) and a shred/jazz fusion band? You are mistaken, you owe him.

Anyway, take him. He might like it.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
do it, me and my dad saw Metallica with Machine Head, he said Machine head sucks, so LoG is better than Machine Head
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I'm bringing my dad to see the Mars Volta next month. But my dad is cool, so..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Play your dad some Metallica and Lamb of God and see if he likes it. From my experience Metallica put on a very entertaining show which is just as enjoyable standing back as it is in the mosh pit. LoG are a bit more intense
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Do it. My dad took me and my brother to Gigantour 3 (Megadeth) and Children Of Bodom last year, and we're seeing Children Of Bodom again in September. He's middle aged and wore a white sweatshirt with palm trees on it to purposefully stand out. Funny as hell. GA too so we separated. Of course it won't look as cool, but who cares? Great show!
do you have life insurance on pops? really he might get abused during the "show"

i see premonitions on Headline news...serious dood, be weary
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Last edited by loinmute at Aug 13, 2009,
I'm going with my mom
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Your dad is going to die. Tell him.. as its his treat... give you two tickets, you can take a mate.. and he can do one. Tell him he can pick a concert to go to but he's not going to LoG with you. He will die.

And I mean. WILL DIE.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by loinmute
do you have life insurance on pops? really he might get abused during the "show"

i see premonitions on Headline news...serious dood, be weary

His dad could probably toss the entire mosh pit 10 peeps at a time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This man speaks the truth.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by maiden_man_666
Your dad is going to die. Tell him.. as its his treat... give you two tickets, you can take a mate.. and he can do one. Tell him he can pick a concert to go to but he's not going to LoG with you. He will die.

And I mean. WILL DIE.

Suicide? That's what I'd do.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

If you think your dad will enjoy it then of course.

But don't do it to get back at him for the shows you didn't like...lol
My mum went to Behemoth (actually, she went to see my brother, but Behemoth was playing afterward..). Your DAD will be fine.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
to everyone saying he'll die, its at madison square garden so there will probably be seats. we wouldnt go into the pit anyway, he's short fat and old, and im only 130 lbs so i'd get my ass kicked (though if i were with friends i'd do it anyway ) i'll play some stuff for him to let him know what he's getting into.

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Last edited by Silence&Requiem at Aug 13, 2009,
I brought my dad to see LOG and Metallica, he seemed to enjoy it.

He did not understand my headbanging though
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Go and be grateful that you're going to be spending time with your Dad.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
You will be separated after 10 mins anyway, and then you get to see Lamb of God and Metallica, why are you even thinking about this...do it!
And to all the idiots saying he will die, that's just rubbish, and a total stereotype. If it's an arena show then there won't be too much moshing and if there is he can just move back a bit.
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Aug 13, 2009,
Take your dad to The Mars Volta.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jackal58
Let's see. My wife and I went to see Metallica and Godsmack with my boys. No problem. Then we went to see A7X, Coheed and Cambria and 18 Visions with my youngest son and some of his friends. No problem. Couple weeks ago we went to see DKM and Offspring, nice family outing. No problem. I go to concerts with my boys all the time and they go to concerts with me all the time. No problem.
Plus your dad's been listening to Metallica since before you were born. No problem.

lol?
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5