So I am kinda new to playing guitar and right now i am running Marshall MG15 micro stack into a DS7 Ibanez distortion pedal then right into my Epiphone les paul custom, and im having a hard time getting the settings right. I toy with the Drive, tone, and level not too sure what i should put them at but as of right now it pritty much sounds like crap. I mainly listen and play to music from bands like Brand new, Blink 182, My chemical romance, Jimmy eat world, Taking back sunday and such. Anyone wanna toss me a helping hand?
inb4 new amp

inb4 settings threads not allowed
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
would like to spend no more then 550 US
Last edited by kennymax89 at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by kennymax89
So I am kinda new to playing guitar and right now i am running Marshall MG15 micro stack into a DS7 Ibanez distortion pedal then right into my Epiphone les paul custom, and im having a hard time getting the settings right. I toy with the Drive, tone, and level not too sure what i should put them at but as of right now it pritty much sounds like crap. I mainly listen and play to music from bands like Brand new, Blink 182, My chemical romance, Jimmy eat world, Taking back sunday and such. Anyone wanna toss me a helping hand?

theres your problem. the way you wrote that out it sounds like you're playing the amp, not the guitar....*takes a moment to picture someone strumming an amp and expecting sound from the guitar....*

but no really, its the amp and thats all I can tell ya. and the distortion pedal isnt helping any.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
pounds, dollars? yen? what?

edit: have you tried the pedal into the (if there is one) CD-in socket on your amp?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
^that only really helps with multi fx processors imo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.