One of my friends likes modding various electric guitars, so since his birthday is due in a couple of weeks, I thought I could get him a cheap guitar.

I like (1) this set and (2) this set (yeah, I know, I'm cheap, lol )

Anyway, since I could use a dirt cheap amp, I plan to keep the amp and give him the guitar but I can't decide which of these sets has a better amp. Any ideas?
It doesn't really matter, he's gonna change the pickups, replace the strings, paint it etc. He really enjoys modding guitars much more than playing them.

I can't see an equalizer in the set 1 amp, so the amp in set 2 is better? right?
Ummm why not get him a dirt cheap no name guitar and get you a good cheaper amp so you wont end up with the worse amp ever and he ends up with a guitar with a weak neck.
Spend the money on a single part like a neck or a body that might have some quality vs something so cheap. The amp in either set is probably better used as a foot stool.
Quote by nakki
If he mods GUITARS, why are you buying him a guitar SET?

Cause I want a dirt cheap amp and ordering twice would cost more in terms of shipping
Plus, the combo costs less than the amp+the guitar combined

Quote by darkcheef
Ummm why not get him a dirt cheap no name guitar and get you a good cheaper amp so you wont end up with the worse amp ever and he ends up with a guitar with a weak neck.

Can't get cheaper than this anyway

Quote by Tackleberry
Spend the money on a single part like a neck or a body that might have some quality vs something so cheap. The amp in either set is probably better used as a foot stool.

He has no use for just one part, he likes modding the entire guitar and would have no use for a single body part
Well, since I'm gonna order one of em, I think it's best if I know which one is slightly better, regardless of the crapiness of both amps.
This is one of those times where I would rather suggest a DeVries custom and a gorilla amp...
Quote by darkcheef
This is one of those times where I would rather suggest a DeVries custom and a gorilla amp...

It can't be an option anyway. AFAIK DeVries is Australia-based and Pignose-Gorilla is US-based. Customs would significantly increase the total price. Thomann on the other hand is based in Germany (EU) and thus customs aren't an issue.
Quote by Retarded_Koala
It can't be an option anyway. AFAIK DeVries is Australia-based and Pignose-Gorilla is US-based. Customs would significantly increase the total price. Thomann on the other hand is based in Germany (EU) and thus customs aren't an issue.

It was a joke...