Can you use the Boss LS-2 Line Selector as an effects loop? I need something that could be used as one for one of my amps that doesn't have that option.
it wouldnt really be an effects loop. the point of an effects loop is to keep certain pedals out of your signal chain so they dont take away from the tone. the other purpose of an effects loop is to affect your signal/tone AFTER the pre-amp and not before which is what you're doing with every pedal that goes straight through the front.

even if your line selector pedal has a "both" setting the end result would still travel through the front of your amp and not after the pre-amp.

feel free to correct me if im completely wrong, anyone
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Well, is there some way I could get something like an effects, cause I want to use my looper, but it only works with an effects loop
I played a my DL-4 in front of my amp and it worked fine, not as good as it would in a loop but not bad by any stretch.
An effects loop is so you can put timed-based and modulation effects after the preamp and before the power amp. It's not about "not affecting your tone", it's about the pedal, to some people's ears, having greater clarity or more sculpting strength there.
It's all about preference.

What kind of Loop Pedal do you have?
Quote by forsaknazrael
An effects loop is so you can put timed-based and modulation effects after the preamp and before the power amp. It's not about "not affecting your tone", it's about the pedal, to some people's ears, having greater clarity or more sculpting strength there.
It's all about preference.

What kind of Loop Pedal do you have?

Boss RC-2, if i run it in front it sounds like sh*t.