Ive been trying to decide on which brand of guitar to add to my collection.

It's a throw up between Ibanez and Shecter.

Ive tried out guitars from both brands and i like the way both play, but i need some outide comments. Which one would be better, and if so, what model??
Whenever you ask "what guitar should I get", tell us these things.

Neck Preferences
Genres played
Budget
Specific Artists you may wish to replicate the tone of.

And probably something else but I can't think of anything.

They gotta make a sticky for this, I swear.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Any specific reason you've narrowed it down to these 2 brands? There are a bunch of other metal brands too, like ESP or Jackson. Either way, I've noticed Schecters seem more feature loaded for the price. The brands seem to have different neck feel though, so look into that.

You definitely need to provide more information for us to help you most effectively.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Which ibanezs and which schecters? They both have hundreds of guitars, ibanez most of the time have thinner necks than most schecters. Most ibanez guitars have basswood bodies, most schecters have mahogany bodies. And there are still way more differences.
Has anyone else noticed in the last few days there have been an unusual amount of "Ibanez or Schecter" threads? Each with very,very little information provided?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
yeah ive notice....personally I would say schecter. To me when it comes to pros and cons for playing I find them about equal, maybe with Ibanezes bein slightly better, but schecters play extremely well so when it came down to it I chose schecter because for me the tone blew Ibanez away
Quote by Ixben93xI
i prefer ibanez to schetor, thats what i would look into getting

Probably because schetor is some sort of off brand guitar that noone has heard of. Maybe you shold try a schecter and see which one you like better.
Quote by Vulturus Rhythm
Probably because schetor is some sort of off brand guitar that noone has heard of. Maybe you shold try a schecter and see which one you like better.

While Ibanez is much more common, I dont know if I'd go as far as to call it an off brand. You got to figure some major people have been starting to pick them up. Probably most noted would be Tommy Lee, Seether, and Avenged Sevenfold, just to mention a few.
Quote by TatarSalad2
You need to ask yourself this:

What would Jesus do?

I would tell the people on UG the specs to get good suggestions.

Cheers:
Jesus
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by kramer242
While Ibanez is much more common, I dont know if I'd go as far as to call it an off brand. You got to figure some major people have been starting to pick them up. Probably most noted would be Tommy Lee, Seether, and Avenged Sevenfold, just to mention a few.

Why are there so many people who don't get jokes?
Hint: Look at the spelling.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?