I am looking for a new guitar under $500
i play mostly hard rock and metal

I like the explorer, razorback and xiphos style guitars and sg's
my votes on the schecter that is posted above, very hard to beat quality at their respective prices.

But try before you buy, because the painted necks are really a hit or miss with people. I really like them, even though i usually don't like glossy necks.

but get a list of guitars, go to a guitar store, and play them all a lot, and pick the one you like the most
Either the Schecter or the G-400. Whichever.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

If you can hit 500 add the Schecter Hellraiser DLX to the list above.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by darkcheef
I say the Schecter C-1 Lady luck, but what kind of amp do you have?

I AM SICK OF THESE. If he is looking for a guitar that cheap, then obviously he has a cheap guitar, which in that case means he is not happy with it.
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
Quote by SecretAgentS
I AM SICK OF THESE. If he is looking for a guitar that cheap, then obviously he has a cheap guitar, which in that case means he is not happy with it.

Why would you be sick, I wouldn't want someone to get a decent $500 guitar and play it through a gorrila or a frontman amp.
Quote by darkcheef
Why would you be sick, I wouldn't want someone to get a decent $500 guitar and play it through a gorrila or a frontman amp.
Exactly.
i want a guitar that looks good for gigging cause the amp i use for gigging is awesome and it makes my guitar sound good

i also have a set of emg 81/85 at my house
Quote by guitarmastaplay
i want a guitar that looks good for gigging cause the amp i use for gigging is awesome and it makes my guitar sound good

The C-1 lady luck looks amazing

Quote by guitarmastaplay

You have EMG's. Get Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe or some other amp with active pups. That is, if you like the EMGs.
dude that schecter hellraiser deluxe looks sick
im goin to see if they have it a guitarcenter and try it our